Author Topic: few site probs  (Read 7893 times)

Offline sipaul

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
few site probs
« on: January 18, 2009, 06:43:25 AM »
am having problems with pics. When click on manufacturer { eg norton} a download occurs " norton index.htm" when opened ,only has the page and pic boxes with question marks. Also when click on "email me" nothing happens. Am using mac by the way. In the old format, no problems
  Cheers

Offline VintageBike

• YaBB Administrator
  • Advanced Member
  • Not quite enough bikes in the garage...
    • View Profile
Re: few site probs
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »
Hi Paul,
yes I am aware of this problem.  It started a few months ago when the company who host this website upgraded the server on which it runs.  It only affects certain browsers and operating systems.  I have raised it with them, and they say it only affects people who are using obsolete browsers etc.  So far, I haven;t had enough info to prove them wring, so if you do see this problem, please can you give me details on your PC & software for (example Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7, or Windows 2000 and Internet Explorer 6.).  Any info that helps me get this resolved would be gratefully received....

Cheers

Nigel

Offline Natalie Graham

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: few site probs
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »
I get this problem with an almost brand new MacBook Pro operating on the latest OS X Leopard and using Safari browser. I tried it with Opera as the browser on the same machine and it works fine.

Natalie.