Author Topic: Indicators  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Goldy

• Advanced Member
  • Restore, Ride, Relive
    • View Profile
Indicators
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
When I am out on my old BSA and stick my arm out to turn left or right some people seem to wonder what I am doing. It,s been so long since hand signals were used I am wondering how safe I am. This has lead to me to start thinking about fitting indicators to the machine. Anyone have any thoughts about the appearance and practical aspects of fitting these.

Offline Searchguru

• Advanced Member
  • Suck, squeeze, bang, blow
    • View Profile
Re: Indicators
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:43:35 AM »
Goldy,
In my opinion the appearance of broken legs and arms or slack-jawed dribbling in a hospital bed looks a lot worse than a set of indicators on an old bike. The standard of driving in this country has deteriorated dramatically over the last 30 years. Your old bike fitted with indicators will not look right to purists but would you consider riding without a helmet in this day and age, regardless of the legality. There are far too many idiots out there that are intent on reading or sending texts or talking on their phones. Don't give them a get out clause that they didn't see you indicating before they wiped you out.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »
Funnily enough, my daily hack H***a has working indicators, but I never use them (hastily touches wood ;))!
They're a good idea, but too close together and too small for most numbnuts to even notice them, so I prefer to develop a good sense of "what's that tw*t going to do next?" in the pursuit of my personal safety.
Good luck if you fit them, but it'll take more than a pair of flashers to keep you safe.... :'(

Offline Searchguru

• Advanced Member
  • Suck, squeeze, bang, blow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
Goldy,
Funnily enough when I did my Police Advanced course for both motorcycle and car they expressly forbade us from ever using indicators or rear view mirrors so as to develop that sixth sense.
Oh no they didn't, what was I thinking?

You may decide to use Shamanic or Jedi like powers like Rex or you could look at this: http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyindicators.htm 
I don't think they look too bad at all on that Dominator.

I take that last sentence by Rex was some sort of veiled threat. Is there some history? What have you done to him?

We need answers.

Offline Goldy

• Advanced Member
  • Restore, Ride, Relive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 05:08:38 PM »
I am no flasher

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:15:07 AM »
I'm after him............... :D

No, not really! Avoid Goff like the plague though. He's a nice bloke until there's a problem......