Author Topic: Gold Flash  (Read 3620 times)

Offline lemondropkid

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gold Flash
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
Hi all, newbie here so I hope someone may be able to help. An Uncle of mine in the States sadly died last year and his daughter has put a photo of his Gold Flash on her Facebook page. I was wondering if this still exisists. The reg no. was XMK 736 and I believe was bought new as a combination outfit in 1954 . Any one spotted this anywhere at a rally perhaps? Would be fantastic to think it still survives. He lived in the Hatfield Herts area. Have tried to include the photo here , not sure if I've done it right.
Cheers.

Offline bikerbob

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Flash
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 09:56:09 AM »
Hi there. This question comes up quite regularly and it is very rare that you will find out about the bike it could still be on the road but with a different registration any one of the subsequent owners could have lost the paperwork and it may have an age related number. I have restored bikes without paperwork and have obtained age related numbers to get them back on the road. I wish you luck but do not be to dissapointed if you fail.  You could ring the Dvla in Swansea they might be able to tell you if the registration is still in use they do have a vehicle inquiry proceedure online but you need more than the registration I have tried putting in your registration but it only directs you to ring them.

Offline lemondropkid

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gold Flash
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
Many thanks for your reply Bikerbob. I too have restored a few things in my time , so was aware of the pitfalls when asking something like this, but thought it was worth a chance . The last Bond Minicar I bought to rebuild had had the registration sold and another plate issued. Shame , but what can you do. I tried the BSA Owners Club but they don't hold a list of reg's. Never mind, maybe one day someone may search Gold Flash in this forum and see my query, and may just have an answer ! lol Thanks again.