Author Topic: A question for you parents.  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Searchguru

• Advanced Member
  • Suck, squeeze, bang, blow
    • View Profile
A question for you parents.
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »
My boy has managed to reach 16 years of age and from never showing any interest in motor cycles he suddenly wants a moped. I've explained that pre 1977 mopeds need to have pedals to propel them by to be classed as mopeds. Post 77 they can have footpegs but are restricted to no more than 35 mph (if I remember correctly). There have been further restrictions and some newer ones for moped after January 2013. Has anyone had a similar dilema? He will pay for his bike and I'll pay his insurance but though he and I would prefer him to have an AP50, a Fizzie, Tiger, Caballero, MB5, AR5 etc. I think he'd be better off with a cheap twist and go so that he can do all his falling off on something cheap and chearful. Thoughts?

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: A question for you parents.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »
Cheap and cheerful for a 16 year old... dream on
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen

wetdog

Re: A question for you parents.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
the mopeds you list are all fetching good money so wont be cheap , for cheap look at reigly whisp , nsu , most round here are on auto scooters and they seam to last for about 12 months , i have fond memorys of me moped , heres one

Memories of me moped , KTM comet cross

The main purpose for a moped ( or at least mine)  in my opinion is as follows

The girlfriend calls and utters the words all 16 year old lads want to here
“ Me parents have gone out and the house is empty”

ive four choices here ,
Take me c11g trials , but im to young to ride it on the road legal and it has no lights .
Take me KTM comet cross moped
Run (just in case they come home )
Catch the bus ( not an option in my erect state )

I need to go to the gents at the local pub first to pick up some condoms , as the gent where out side I had no need to enter the pub which was good as id been ban already . The KTM started after about 200 yards pedalling so made the pub in good time , 50p in the slot pulled the leaver $%^&& all , thing was empty so had to go back home and ask me older brother for one , which he charged me £1 for . Back out to the KTM wont start so just started pedalling again , after about a mile I decided to change the plug ( the comet cross had a tool box in the top of the tank) finally got it started and made it to the girlfriends sweaty , shaking and knackered , rang the bell and her mom answered , meal had been cancelled .

So not only do old mopeds keep you fit they are also a good contraception
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:04:21 PM by wetdog »