Author Topic: Lost Triton Race Bike  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Wayne Ward

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lost Triton Race Bike
« on: September 05, 2017, 08:42:13 PM »
Hello Folks,
I hope someone here can help me find my Dad's old race bike. He built it in the mid to late 60s. It was based on a slimline featherbed chassis with a Tiger 100 500cc all alloy engine, with the head (9 stud, I think) converted to central plugs. It would have been quite a distinctive bike, sporting a purple chassis, yellow Jakeman half fairing and a yellow and people tank. Dad sold it to Paddock Motorcycles in Derby in the late 60s or early 70s. He thinks Steve Manship had a few races on it after Paddock Motorcycles bought it before Man ship's career took off.

Dad's name is John Ward and he raced mainly in the Midlands at Darley and Mallory but also further afield at places like Oulton, Snetterton, Staverton etc.

It would be great to know if anyone remembers the bike, if it's still in one piece, if it's still a race bike and if it's still a Triton. I don't suppose for one moment that it's still in it's original colours. If it's still around it would lovely to see it.

Offline Wayne Ward

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lost Triton Race Bike
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 04:51:59 PM »
A few more details extracted from Dad. Apparently, the donor bike started life as a Model 50(?) with a bolt-up Manx type frame. At some point the lower tubes were cut and removed from just below the head stock to below the engine,  so of the bike exists it will either be unusual it it will have had these tubes replaced.

Hopefully someone will know or remember something. Even if someone could point me in the direction of other forums or groups to ask, this would be much appreciated.