Author Topic: Scott Flying Squirrel late 20's to late 30's  (Read 8084 times)

Offline chris230

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Scott Flying Squirrel late 20's to late 30's
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:05:34 PM »
Hi there,
I'm Chris and german and entirely new to this forum. I got quite tired of the typical german DKW motorcycles from that period, because machines like that are quite common in Germany. Anyway, I decided to look for something more interesting. The Squirrel might look a little extraordinary, but the concept is facinating me. Does anybody know where I can find a machine like this? I don't have a particular model in mind of which I'm looking for, I'm generally excited in original, patinated machines. That's like the majority of my collection looks like, including the obvious DKWs and even some other vehicles, like cars. Projects are welcome, but concerning my location, it should be in a condition that keeps me from hunting parts across europe for years (although travelling across the continent to find parts is quite exciting).
Feel free to get in touch with me, there's surely still loads of things I can learn about this bikes.

greets,
Chris

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Scott Flying Squirrel late 20's to late 30's
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:58:30 PM »
There have been two Scott squirrels on ebay this week.

Be prepared to pay a lot of money.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:29:36 PM »
Chris 230, I have a 1947 (which may be too young for you) but I've always fancies an older German bike to go with my Triumph TWN BDG250. Let me know if you're interested in a later bike.

Offline NickPoll

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »
Hello Chris, Good luck with your search. I have had a 1929 Scott 600cc TT Power Plus replica for about 19 years. I love it to bits. It flies along at crazy speeds, handles beautifully, excellent quick gearchange, superb brakes. It's not for sale, but look for one like this. It will make you smile. The post war Scotts are not so nice.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 11:02:55 AM »
Sure they are. Even better if anything as they 're more useable... ;)

Offline Mark M

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 09:59:37 AM »
Keep an eye on the stock list at Verralls, http://www.verralls.com/ who regularly have interesting machines.
REgards, Mark