Author Topic: Help needed with engine displacement size ??  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Jonny The Goat

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Help needed with engine displacement size ??
« on: February 11, 2019, 06:23:46 PM »
Hi, can someone confirm I have got this calculation using a online displacement calculator right. I bought a old 30s bike some years ago with a incorrect for bike engine in but still have not managed to ID the make of engine or the size. I was told by last owner they thought it was a 250 and also they thought it was a Villiers 250R. I have discounted that. it is a 2 stroke twin port combined barrel and head. Anyway I today pulled the engine out as wanted to get damaged fins repaired and a hole by one of the screw on exhaust outlets fixed. I have measured the bore at 68.5mm and the piston from its very bottom of stroke to very top of stroke travels 75mm. According to the online calculator I used it is a 276cc ? Have i got this right ? I was very sceptical about it even being a 250cc as it looks a quite small engine. With the angled top on the piston does this have any bearing.
  Cheers Jon

https://www.revetec.com/Calculators/Engine_Displacement_Calculator-2.htm

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with engine displacement size ??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »
I have measured the bore at 68.5mm and the piston from its very bottom of stroke to very top of stroke travels 75mm. According to the online calculator I used it is a 276cc ? Have i got this right ?

Yes.

With the angled top on the piston does this have any bearing.

No.
L.A.B.

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help needed with engine displacement size ??
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:26 PM »
I get 276.43cc, so yes you are correct.