Author Topic: 65 bsa bobber/chopper  (Read 2928 times)

Offline codesa

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
65 bsa bobber/chopper
« on: September 13, 2009, 07:57:13 PM »
Hello
    I have a 65 BSA bobber/chopper, I picked it up 70% done. A friend came and help get it started, it ran well. Then I started to work on it, and one of the things that I did was rewire it. The same guy told me how,and after I got done he took a look and he said it was good. Now I'm to the point to try and run it again, and it does not want to run, and the coil starts to get warm to hot. Why is that happening, and is that bad? How can I test my wiring and tell if it is right? How do I adjust my points? Thank you for talking the time to read this and any info on any of these questions is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: 65 bsa bobber/chopper
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:21:41 AM »
I suggest you either get your mate to check out the plugs, points and possibly timing, or buy a manual and check it through yourself.

It's very easy to do, and a basic maintenance task, but running through the whole deal with my one-fingered typing would take me most of the morning... :'(

Probably nothing that ten minutes wouldn't sort anyway.

Offline Goldy

• Advanced Member
  • Restore, Ride, Relive
    • View Profile
Re: 65 bsa bobber/chopper
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »
If you look on this web site                                                              http://www.britishonly.com/tech/manuals/bsaservicesheets.asp        you will find all of the BSA service pages, giving the information that you need. All the best.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:06:57 PM by Goldy »