Author Topic: Old British Bikes  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Curious

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Old British Bikes
« on: September 29, 2009, 07:55:24 PM »
Anyone know what a early 1920s NUT TT racer is worth?
Anyone know what a 1913 P&M is worth?
Any info would be helpful.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Old British Bikes
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »
About five quid each for scrap, but I'll PM you and give you a score for the pair out of the goodness of my heart.
Deal?

Failing that a Google search may bring up past ads and auction prices. The NUT is probably the most sought-after, but without seeing condition or knowing the history (if any) it's hard to price accurately.

Offline Curious

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:49:07 AM »
Both the NUT (Newcastle Upon Tyne) and the P & M (Phelan & Moore) are perfectly restored (as new) and running. They are in a wharehouse in Germany and for sale.
They are not mine. Info on these is hard to find. I was hoping for any info from someone who knows abou t these bikes.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:45:22 AM »
With repect, without pics or info it's just a guessing game. You don't even quote the HP or cc.

Has the "racer" got any provenance? Still in racing trim?  :-/

I would take a wild guess a say probably £10,000 the pair but if it's not a "real" racer then that could decrease considerably.

But if it's got evidence of someone famous having ridden it, the price will rise too.

Just about impossible to say.....

Offline Searchguru

• Advanced Member
  • Suck, squeeze, bang, blow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »
Curious,
I was curious too!
Have a look on this web page. It's a bit old but a Peter Sparkes writes on there re: NUTs. If he is still on the email address he may be able to help.

http.www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/nut.htm

If the link doesn't take you to NUT go to 'sitemap' and you'll find NUT in the A-Z. Good luck.

Offline Dirt_Track

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:15:24 AM »
G'day all
Photos would be great!
It's the old question....How long is a piece of string?
Just over 12 months ago Bonhams sold a 1909 P&M for £19500...admittedly this model has an auto inlet motor and would be very desirable indeed but a 1913 P&M would be worth a lot more than £5000 (someone suggested £10,000 the pair).
I have just bought a 1912 P&M and without disclosing how much it cost me (not sure myself yet, freight and duty to be paid on arrival) it will be a hell of a lot more than £5000.
The NUT...if it is a genuine "racer" with a name attached as someone else pointed out would be a very desirable addition to anyones garage.
Howard.