Author Topic: photo's needed of your British bike for book  (Read 2416 times)

Offline thefoe

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
photo's needed of your British bike for book
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »
Hi,I was wondering if you can help me? I've recently written a book on IXO's "Museum" motorcycle collection. Basically this comprises 24 classic motorcycles from 1923-1984 that are 1:24 scale. What I would like please, are the following pictures of British motorcycles to use in said book
1) Royal Enfield Bullet (preferably 1938) left side view
2) Norton Dominator 88 left & right side view
3) B.S.A. Gold Star left & right side view
4)Triumph Bonneville T120 1967 left side view
5) Norton Commando 750cc 1969 right side view
As you can gather, I have asked permission from motorcycle owners, some from Vintagebike who have given this to me. If you send me photo(s) and grant me permission this will of course be duly noted in the credits. Please feel free to send photos or ask questions to thebrownefive@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you for your time, in anticipation Nick Browne.

Offline Irish Swede

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: photo's needed of your British bike for book
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »
What is your intention in writing this book (other than making money, that is?)
Too many books on motorcycles have been printed containing photos of inaccurate "restorations" because authors have not had knowledge of what is authentic on those bikes, or have been in too much of a hurry to get published to bother checking for accuracy.  
I suggest that you have the photos of all bikes submitted to you inspected by knowledgeable persons in the one-make vintage motorcycle clubs before including these bikes in your book.  There ia enough mis-information on the market already.  Do not add to it.