Author Topic: Honda XBR500G after more info  (Read 5855 times)

Offline pugstar

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Honda XBR500G after more info
« on: December 23, 2005, 06:10:32 AM »
Hello to all,

I got a 1986 Honda XBR500G in metallic red. I've heard a rumour that only 20 were imported into the UK from Sweden in this colour. what makes me beleive this is true, is that I'm finding it hard to find pics of XBRs in the same colour anywhere, a couple maybe.

Its only got 19000 on the clock which is another bonus.

Can anyone add weight to this? any more info regarding XBR is also greatfully received.

Offline daystate

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Honda XBR500G after more info
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 03:56:36 AM »
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_xbr_500_n_1985.php

I cant find a G model but this is a red XBR n model, i can't remember if it's an 85 or 86,look it up on the above address. Jeff.

Offline Rolf

• Advanced Member
  • '74 TX750A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 12:38:15 AM »
Hi,
I worked for a Honda and Suzuki dealer in the mid '80s and sold quite a few XBRs - as I recall most of them were black or burgundy but the earliest ones were red or blue which were less popular colours and dropped after first year of production which may account for scarcity (plus the fact that many owners didn't check the oil regularly enough so the poor things never lasted as long as they should!).

Offline pugstar

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 06:55:17 PM »
Thanks guys, That reminds me, I must check the oil!!!!

The one in the pic is identicle to mine, I'm in the trade myself (distribution) and it surprises me that no one in our region has very many spares. I have to resort to ebay! Not that it needs much, touch wood I've not needed spares....yet