Author Topic: Honda CL 350 motor rebuild  (Read 3944 times)

Offline simch

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Honda CL 350 motor rebuild
« on: April 08, 2006, 07:42:53 AM »
Hi,I have just bought a '68 CL350 K0. It rides pretty nicely, a few bits and bobs to do but nothing too major. I was advised to do the timing chain and tensioner,I note the cluthc is a bit grabby and drags when warm, so it may need one at some point.
So then I got thinking, maybe a full motor rebuild would be worthwhile.....?
So does anyone have any recommendations of a parts source in the UK for a rebuild, or maybe even companies/ people that will undertake such work? Maybe some small mods along the way, (overbore, porting sportier cam and rejet..?)

I know there are plenty of cb350 based racers out there, I dnt want to go daft with the motor but a nice lightly modded unit would work well in the bike I think.

I see a few bits and bobs available in the USA, but  a UK parts source or rebuild company would be useful!
I hope I don't end up regretting buying a bike older than I am! Not so far, I am loving having fun at 70mph again, rather than being bored stiff at 120 on more modern machinery!

Any help greatly appreciated, great site BTW.

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Honda CL 350 motor rebuild
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 07:58:01 AM »
As the CL350 wasn't a normal UK model (as far as I know?) and also due to its age you could have trouble finding performance parts in the UK?

Try David Silver for spares http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/
L.A.B.

Offline simch

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Honda CL 350 motor rebuild
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 05:09:02 AM »
I think the motor is the exactly the same as a CB350 though.

Surely there must be someone who rebuilds the CB350 motors.....!!