Author Topic: Need Help With 1948 Jawa Perak  (Read 9626 times)

Offline hep1966

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Need Help With 1948 Jawa Perak
« on: December 07, 2006, 11:33:13 PM »
I'm looking for a parts source for my 1948 Jawa Perak.  I have most of it.  I know that it is missing the headlight assembly and the speedometer.  I'm not sure if I have the right carburetor for it.  It's likely that I'll need other parts as I begin to work on it.  I'll also need a repair manual if it exists.

I am in the United States, near Philadelphia.

I'll try to attach a few pictures.

John
48 Jawa
56 210
66 Chevelle
96 C1500
00 Venture
00 Cavalier

www.kookycharacters.com/gpage9.html

Offline vfactory

• Advanced Member
  • BeesaMan
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help With 1948 Jawa Perak
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:04:33 AM »
pics arn't showing up. try again. also its easier to source jawa parts on this side of the pond i guess.. tons of stuff turns up in the auto jumbles.

Offline hep1966

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 08:42:22 AM »
The link in my signature takes you to my website where I have pictures of the cycle.

Here is another link to it.

http://www.kookycharacters.com/gpage9.html

John
48 Jawa
56 210
66 Chevelle
96 C1500
00 Venture
00 Cavalier

www.kookycharacters.com/gpage9.html

Offline cz1951

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »
Hello,

I think that Allan Cleaver from New Zealand would be a good place to start.  He has extensive knowledge and parts for Jawa and Cz.  So I think he could probably help you with the Perak as well.  

His range of parts is extensive and his price is very fair.

Contact Allan   by e-mail  thecleavers@xtra.co.nz

Good luck

Regards

Chris Quinn
(Australia)

Offline Panzergranate

• Advanced Member
  • Owner and rider of some of the rarer JAWA / CZs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 08:44:22 AM »
The mufflers aren't JAWA as they should be fish tailed.

Some pattern parts are available through MzB of Germany or from Old Timerteile Clements. Were talking parts like brand new generators, exhausts, etc.

I know someone who rides one on the road nearly every day and has been for the past 20 years or so, since he brought it back from Holland.

It is in the same ratty condition as yours, does about 50 MPH tops but still runs smoothly. He rides it to motorcycle rallies all over the UK. He's also over 6' 6" tall so must be a bot of a masochist to ride hundreds of miles a day for hours on end on such a small bike.

I'm no Power Ranger!! I'm a genuine spanner welding, engine fxing, bike restoring proper Biker!!

Offline Panzergranate

• Advanced Member
  • Owner and rider of some of the rarer JAWA / CZs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 09:02:55 AM »
Have you contacted any of the 4 JAWA / CZ owners clubs that there are in North America??

There is the North American Sickle Register (Speeling may be a bit out here). This covers all Eastern Block communist built bikes from the cold war era.

There are also 3 Czech bike specific clubs and societies  but I can't for the hell of me, remember what they're
called. They have websites  though.

I usually find links to other club around the world thrugh the JAWA CZ Owner's Club of Great Britain, which has been in existance for over 50 years. It is even more than 10 years older than the Triumph Owners Club!!

The club library service has service manual downloads and technical information for just about everything produced by JAWA and CZ.

There are clubs for fans of the JAWA and CZ makes in every country on the planet. The Bolivian owner's club, "Los Angulires Legendaires", does seem to have the most fun and the women though. Check out their antics and pop video on U-Tube sometime.

I'm no Power Ranger!! I'm a genuine spanner welding, engine fxing, bike restoring proper Biker!!