Author Topic: Benelli bikes  (Read 8911 times)

Offline Rump

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Benelli bikes
« on: November 11, 2004, 06:38:43 AM »
Hi I'm a new member to the forums, and also new to street bikes.

I've always had an affinity for cafe racers, so Ive decided for my 30th year of life I will own one!!! I've been looking at every bike I can find, and I really like the Benelli's. How are they from a mechanical stand point?

Thanks in advance!

Offline beeza4eva

• Advanced Member
  • Beeza Rocks
    • ICQ Messenger - 178704000
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DeeJayRiders
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - djsg2004
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Benelli bikes
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 10:05:41 AM »
i have heard that benlli bikes are durable. they look nice, i dont know anything about them.  

but if you are into cafe racers, why dont you get yourself a BSA  Goldstar? nice bikes. one of the best single made by BSA. just a thought

cheers ;)
Sascha Gerbracht
1954 BSA B31
1997 Suzuki TSR

*keep the rubber side down and out of ditches*

Isaac Varsano

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 08:25:33 PM »
 ;)hello hello!
my name is Isaac and I have a Benelli 654 year 1986 it is a Great 4 cylinder motorcycle
very strong engine and good performance and the most important: an italian charm!
Goodluck
Isaac varsano, Israel.

Offline myljach

• Advanced Member
  • benelli 2502c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 06:39:49 AM »
 ;D  Hi Dude!   mi name is Miljenko and i am from Zagreb, Croatia and i have Benelli 250 2c 1976. In my country Benelli is a rare and i got trouble finding spare parts, but now is ewritin fine. I got a diler who goes ewery week in italy , and before that i whos searching  electronic ignition about 1 year and coudnt find it (forums,shoops,e-bay)and i sold my first benelli 125 2c, then by 250 2c.Motor vhose by an electrisian guy whos making an own ignitions from electronic parts and diagrams,but problem vhose deeper, machine vhose tun up for race, dhey got third kanal true every cilinder for better mixing gas and air, magnette vhos cut off  too changing pick up and it working at 10000 - 15000 r/min.
But now i got a 250 2c benelli, it vorks fine, Longest yorney i have too Grobnik in Rijeka. about 180 km vith no pause, 120km/h (maximum is 150 for that model)and machine works fine, no heating damage, well you know if you got a 2-stroke engine cooing by air , must bee extra gently. So if you wont have old benelli, must have some basic knowledge about mechanic engenering and good supley by spare parts.

Offline Panzergranate

• Advanced Member
  • Owner and rider of some of the rarer JAWA / CZs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 04:42:40 AM »
A friend used to have a Benelli 2C 125cc twin back in the 1980's here in the Poole and Bournemouth area of Southern England.

He fitted a 250cc engine and we used to ride around togther sometimes, him on the 2C and me on my 1970's Aprillia 350 AC Twin, humiliating the slower and poor handling Suzuki X7s, RD250LCs and older Japanese 250cc Two Strokes.

The Benelli was the only 2 stroke that could keep up with me when it came to handling.

Alas, he laid up KPO18P and was later killed in a truck crash. It still exists somewhere.

His Benelli 2C was sprayed heavy gloss white and was very sweet.

I'm no Power Ranger!! I'm a genuine spanner welding, engine fxing, bike restoring proper Biker!!

Offline myljach

• Advanced Member
  • benelli 2502c
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 07:46:47 AM »
my benelli 250 have a 32 HP, air cooling  engine, ( 231ccm, 2 stroke, 2cylinder 1976Year) good is i made some preparations for race, if you put vibrant exshaust, you get 10-30 % power. vith factory exshoust it goes about 160 km/h.
Bad is air cooling system, at sommer vith 40 C degree, at 8000 rpm the piston is blick the engine and piston rod is brake it off.
 From mechanical side, gear box is similar too morbidelli. spare parts, I  went too Italy every year in Imola.