Author Topic: A very long shot... (looking for photo's of Grandad's bikes  (Read 3392 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
I have some photo's of my Grandad's bikes and am trying to put a scrapbook together for my sons.  I came across a post on here about checking the DVLA and 2 of the bikes had matches.  So my question is this, "where or who is best to get in touch with in the hope of trying to get colour photo's of the actual bikes in question"?

On the slight chance an owner is on here they are...

A 1922 James 225cc (belt driven) HN1765
A 1925 Triumph SD/3 550cc PT 4814

3 other bikes I didn't find on DVLA are...

1914 Levis Popular 211cc HN 121
1924 New Imperial 350cc AT 8848
1936 Calthorp "Red Major" 500cc CYM 863

The Calthorp I'd love to find a colour photo of any in Red, I've looked for hours and can only find photo's of it in Ivory.

Any and all help really is appreciated.
Thanks
Jan

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Re: A very long shot... (looking for photo's of Grandad's bikes
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:51:30 AM »
ooops, I meant to say, these are the bikes I have B&W photo's of at the moment.  If the owners are found I'm happy to let them have a copy of any photo's I have of the bike, most of Grandad's bikes were done up from scratch, ,one was found in pieces in a garden, one lived in the front room for safety, (I have a few newspaper clippings that show things like this that I'd be happy to pass on).  There are a lot more bikes he owned that have mentions here and there in event schedules. 

Offline Goldy

• Advanced Member
  • Restore, Ride, Relive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 05:45:44 PM »
The Vintage Motorcycle Club have registers of machines, I would they they are your best chance. http://www.vmcc.net/

Offline Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 08:13:07 PM »
Thanks Goldy :)