Author Topic: A65 Side Stand Lug Repair  (Read 4982 times)

Offline 68LTNGUSA

• View Profile
A65 Side Stand Lug Repair
« on: November 24, 2010, 03:31:41 AM »
Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post. I am restoring a 68 Lighting. Started out with same year and model frame, engine and fork and thats about it. I am now about 70% in terms of parts. My goal was to line up all the parts and then knock out the restoration. The other day I noticed that the side stand lug is essentially torn off. The sheet metal lug is tore away with the tab to bolt to. It does look ugly and I am wondering if anyone makes a replacement lug and tab or if this is something I am going to have to fab.  Any ideas?

Offline Goldy

• Advanced Member
  • Restore, Ride, Relive
    • View Profile
Re: A65 Side Stand Lug Repair
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »
Burton Bike Bits  http://www.burtonbikebits.net/Stands.htm  do a universal bolt on side stand, dont know if they are any good. I had similar problems with my A10 side stand so I left it all off and just use the centre stand. All the best.

Offline VintageBike

• YaBB Administrator
  • Advanced Member
  • Not quite enough bikes in the garage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:01:27 PM »
Just so you are all aware - some of you obviously aren't...  I sell a range of spares and accessories on this very website...!  Including a universal side stand.  The spares department is at http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/spares/index.php.  Please support a poor webmaster so my children can have a toy (to share) at Christmas time...

Cheers
Nigel

Offline Revband

• Advanced Member
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Revband
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Revband
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »
Yes come on give our host some support, the service is excellent.