Author Topic: Stevens Brothers (Wolverhampton) Ltd  (Read 3851 times)

Offline stevens

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stevens Brothers (Wolverhampton) Ltd
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »
After they were bought out by the Colliers in 1931 the Stevens Brothers went back to making 3 wheeled vans in 1932, and in 1934 motorbikes. They continued until the start of WWII. Up to 500 vans and approx. 800 - 1000 bikes were made, but where are they all now ?
2007 sees the 75th anniversary of the marque and I would like to find other owners who would like to commemorate this.
So far we have 4 bikes and 2 vans.
Can anyone help please ? I am trying to locate any information or any of the bikes and vans.
Any information would be most welcome.
Jeff Booth, North Yorks.
01947 602672 or email.
Jeff Booth

Offline BEAMA

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stevens Brothers (Wolverhampton) Ltd
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:19:59 PM »
THE BLACK COUNTRY LIVING MUSEUM, DUDLEY, WEST MIDLANDS HAVE A STEVENS MOTORCYCLE AND A THREE WHEEL VAN RUNNING( AND MAYBE MORE NOW) THEY HOLD RALLIES THERE FOR BLACK COUNTRY MADE VEHICLES. THEY MAY HELP YOU THE CURATOR IS IAN WALDRON. ALSO JEFF STEVENS I BELIEVE IS STILL AROUND HE USED TO GO TO A LOT OF SHOWS IN THE MIDLANDS. IAN MAY HELP YOU TO GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM.
         BEST OF LUCK
                                BEAMA

Offline stevens

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 01:28:33 AM »
Hi Beama
Appreciate your help.
The BLCM in Dudley are really helpful. They are going to make available their two Stevens machines and we are going to see whether they can get Mr Stevens along too.
I think that we are hoping that Mortons Media might allow us a pitch at Stafford next April.
Cheers Jeff
Jeff Booth

Offline VintageBike

• YaBB Administrator
  • Advanced Member
  • Not quite enough bikes in the garage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 03:03:34 AM »
Jeff,

if you can get a few pictures together perhaps it would be nice to start a page dedicated to Stevens in the gallery section?  I think there are many out there who haven't come across the marque (including me!) and would like to know more.

Cheers
Nigel
www.vintagebike.co.uk