Author Topic: '50s/'60s 50cc moped - Simson, Phillips, Terrot or similar  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Tomarse

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
'50s/'60s 50cc moped - Simson, Phillips, Terrot or similar
« on: September 21, 2011, 04:53:43 PM »
Hi all,

I'm entering into the world of motorised bicycles by completing a 1000mile+ charity moped ride and have decided that the sensible thing would be to do it on a classic.  :o I've been into classic VWs for years and I'm handy with the spanners so I'd more than welcome a project.

The only real condition I have (other than liking the look of it) is that there must be a V5C present.

Anyone know of anything going?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

wetdog

Re: '50s/'60s 50cc moped - Simson, Phillips, Terrot or similar
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:55:19 PM »
nice try , not interested in the numbers are we

Offline Tomarse

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
nice try , not interested in the numbers are we

Eh? Numbers? Are you referring to transferring number plates?

If so, I'm not bothered in the slightest about that. I've only recently gathered that it can be done as a lot of adverts seem to state whether or not the plate is transferable.

I'm looking for a bike. I'm not sure what I need to do to prove it.   ::)

Offline Tomarse

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
Following on from this. Is the reason so many are offered with "no papers" because people have bought them in order to transfer the plates?

I just want to buy something legit and which I won't be filling in a load of forms, paying fees, searching for manufacture dates, insuring, MOTing etc and then finding out it's stolen or something. The plate can be non-transferable for all I care. Or if it really is commonplace and a simple process, then I'll consider no plate at all.

For info, this is the event I've signed up for: http://www.justgiving.com/JOGLE4BRADS

As I say, I'm more used to old cars, where no V5C raises suspicions.