Author Topic: F,N. motorcycles  (Read 4655 times)

Offline s2airflow

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
F,N. motorcycles
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
Is there anyone out there with a 1926 Model 60 ?I am putting a Comfort basket case together and am struggling with the front brake mechanism as well as other odds and sods and could do with a little advice.

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
Re: F,N. motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:16:30 AM »
Hi,
Unfortunately my FNs are all much older than yours, but I do have plenty of illustrations of the M60 and its bretheren. The images are not completely clear re the front (dummy rim) brake, but may be good enough to answer your question? What is it you specifically want to know?
Leon

Offline s2airflow

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »
Hello Leon,I didn't have any front brake at all on the bike,amongst other things but have since obtained the cast brake lever and made the brake shoe plate.I have a parts list but would like a picture of the assembly from the adjusting screw casting on the forks down to the lever.That way I can probably scale things up to suit.& thats another step closer.Its one of the last '27 Comforts.Regards,Dave.

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:18:23 PM »
Hi Dave,
I don't think I have anything in that detail - all the M60 photos I have seem to be taken from the other side! Attached shows the M70 (sidevalve) brake for 1927. Until I checked, I had thought the M60 disappeared when the M70 and M67 appeared in 1927, but it seems not. Have you tried Jacques Martens in Belgium?
Be sure to post pics of the bike when it comes together.
Cheers
Leon