Author Topic: Flywheels  (Read 3497 times)

Offline s2airflow

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flywheels
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »
I have two sidevalve flywheels but they are not a pair, they are both the timing side with the oilways present .Maybe I should try to locate either another pair or possibly just the drive side BUT would there be a problem in pressing the spare timing side wheel into service if push came to shove?Any views most welcome.Thanks.

Offline rogerwilko

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Flywheels
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »
What engine?

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
Details are a little sketchy there... ;D but essentially a flywheel's a flywheel. If you can both make it fit the shafts and cases, and it performs the functions of that particular side with regard to drive etc, then what's the problem?

Offline dundrod60

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 03:09:32 PM »
Strange how the word "Flywheel" always reminds me of a 125cc race at silverstone back in the 60's.......There I was hammering down one of the straights on my Ducati when I was overtaken by a Flywheel!  Just a Flywheel!  It came off a lightweight MV Agusta which was fitted with a small outside flywheel back then and this one veered off, with amazing velocity, into the centre of the track amongst the vegetation.   Next lap around I spotted the MV dumped at the side with its rider frantically searching amongst the greenery.   I've often wondered if he found it.  Sorry I can't answer the serious query, but you know how old men's minds often veer off on a tangent when Bikes are mentioned so maybe I'll be excused this time.