Author Topic: Tracing Raleigh - ML 3774??  (Read 4260 times)

Offline ML3774

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tracing Raleigh - ML 3774??
« on: November 22, 2006, 06:06:11 AM »
I am trying to trace this bike; unfortunately I have no idea what model it is, just the make and registration!

If anyone knows of this bike, or knows of a way I can locate it, I would be very very grateful!

Kind regards,

Mike.

P.S Please feel free to PM or email me if you can!!

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing Raleigh - ML 3774??
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:23:04 AM »
There's no current record of that registration (on a Raleigh at least) held on the DVLA database unfortunately.
L.A.B.

Offline ML3774

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:25:02 AM »
Yep, I tried there and the RAC equivilant with no results :(

Hoping someone may recognise the registration off of here; if not, is there any known way of telling if the bike has been scrapped etc, or did bikes and cars just 'disappear' before the DVLA etc became more technical and widespread?

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:40:47 AM »
As there appears to be no DVLA/RAC records for it at all it might suggest that 'ML 3774' was never registered on a V5 document.

And if an owner doesn't notify the authorities that a vehicle has been broken up then there is likely to be no record of it. And many of these old bikes get their registrations sold off (generally by dealers).

After all, old bikes generally just get parked up at the back of a garage or shed, maybe the owner intending to get it back on the road at some time in the future, but I expect in many cases this never happens, still, you never know it could still be out there?    
L.A.B.

Offline ML3774

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 07:38:58 AM »
Here's hoping it is! I'd love to find it, even if it's in tatters!

If anyone does recognise the reg then please get in contact!

Thanks,

Mike

Offline neracarken

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:07:38 PM »
Just come across your post. Try the Kithead Trust. They have the majority of all vehicle details prior to computerisation. It'll cost you £7.50 to find out. If they can tell immediately that they don't have it, then your cheque is returned. However, if they think they have it and do a search, then they keep it. If it is in their records they send you a photocopy of what they have, which is usually on a postcard, which gives when it was last  taxed, the last owner, when first registered, the engine size (which may be quoted as hp) and any relevant chassis/engine numbers.
Send a cheque with your request, and enclose an SAE for their reply. They are manned by volunteers so allow time for their reply. It is registered as a Charity.

Kithead Trust,
De Salis Drive,
Hampton Lovett,
Droitwich Spa,
Worcs.
WR9 0QE