Author Topic: re-registering a CB500T  (Read 3719 times)

Offline alakazam

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
re-registering a CB500T
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:16:15 PM »
Hello.
I need help through a potential minefield.
I recently acquired a CB 500T with no registration info, and wish to get her back on the road.
I can clearly see an engine number, but no evidence of a frame number. (always supposing I knew where to look. Can I find out more about a vehicle history just from the engine number, and am I going to have a huge problem getting the old girl street legal again if I don't have a frame number? How do customisers go about registering vehicles that are part factory, and part self fabricated? Any help or advice would be very welcome.
Many thanks
Allan

johnnyboy-wonder57

Re: re-registering a CB500T
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »

Hi,
Didn't Honda used a plate like a VIN plate, attached to some part of the machine, you could try to contact the Vintage Japanese Club, I am sure they will help! Or see if there's anything on CB 500T on the web.

Cheers

JBW

Offline Goldy

• Advanced Member
  • Restore, Ride, Relive
    • View Profile
Re: re-registering a CB500T
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 10:37:15 PM »
I don,t think you can do anything with just an engine number is there any trace of a registration number? The expert for info on re registering is Mike Worthington Williams he charges £30 to provide all the info. His e mail is worthycomments@btconnect.com.   All the best with it