Author Topic: Scott Speedway special 1929  (Read 3127 times)

Offline tz500

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Scott Speedway special 1929
« on: December 02, 2012, 04:10:51 AM »
YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A RARE MACHINE

THIS 1929 SCOTT SPEEDWAY SPECIAL FITTED WITH THE RARE AND DESIRABLE TT ENGINE AND A THREE SPEED GEARBOX ,THE BIKE HAS BEEN FULLY RESTORED TO CONCOURS CONDITION BY THE RENOWN SCOTT EXPERT RITCHARD FIRKINS

who conducted the frame up restoration whilst taking care to preserve and maintain the original components of the machine where possible ,

the bike has the benefit of new tyres fitted to the original rims with stainless spokes to the original hubs
a new honeycomb radiator core and nickel silver surround have been fabricated
Rebuilt magneto
the engine has been fully rebuilt with new piston/rings /bearings etc ,including an update to the crankshaft for the sake of reliability and longevity
the bikes history is that it raced at the "showground royale "in adelaide south australia from 1929 until the mid 1930's when it retired not to be seen again until early 1960's  i have owned the machine since 1986
the machine is based on the bike that the legendary frank varey "the Red Devil" rode to win the english golden helmet  (see attached picture)
this machine starts easily and runs well (fully functional)
NOTE THE BIKE SHOWN IN THE MAGAZINE ARTICLE IS THE BIKE YOU ARE BIDDING ON ,THE OTHER PICTURES ARE TAKEN BY MYSELF IN MY BACK YARD
if you require any high definition pictures please email me on apskinner@optusnet.com.au

Payment and freight  payment by cash or bank transfer prefered ,although paypal accepted only if all fee's fall to the purchaser,crating can be arranged at no charge,freight to west coast usa circa $1800 the same to europe
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:13:38 AM by tz500 »