Author Topic: A belated Merry Christmas to one & All: Values in more ways than one!  (Read 16806 times)

wetdog

Re: A belated Merry Christmas to one & All: Values in more ways than one!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
you must be scared to go out at all . i feel  very sorry for you . do you want to sell your bike ?

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »
Offer him one of those Bacofoil lined anti-government mind-reading death ray helmets in px. Clearly he feels the need for one... ;)

wetdog

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 12:29:04 PM »
welldone rex someone with a sence of hummer  ;D , i do think (hope) he is just trying to wind me up ,

johnnyboy-wonder57

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 10:35:24 AM »
Guys,
Ok the scenario is a little exaggerated, but I believe this kind of scenario can easily happen, it has already happened in Canterbury last year over a BB gun left on a table in Student accommodation, the Landlord went in  & saw the gun, he reported it to the police, instead of the police going in the place & checking the situation, there was apparently no one in the house at that time, they did what  was described, I watched helicopter and Armed Response Team in a stand-off that lasted 7 hours, people were not allowed back into their houses, rifles were set up on stands, multiple cars e.t.c, the old-time police would have had this farce sorted within 10 minutes & with minimal cost!

Cheers

John
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:36:13 PM by Johnnyboy-wonder »

wetdog

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »
OK i missed the conection between my off roading and gun law , whilst police can over react Guns are becoming a problem round here , where my brothers farm is (clent) there has been some scum going round shotting shep (for meat not fun) noticing a broblem over in a far feild at about 1am he took his shot gun and went over to see what was going on whilst his wife called the police , he found two sheep shot (one still allive which he finished off) and no people , the police turned up asked him what he was doing with a shot gun and arrested him . his wife had to go the the police station with his licence as they would not go to the house as it was deamed to dangerous . i do ride my bikes round his farm and the police have never been called so i will continue to do so

johnnyboy-wonder57

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 01:22:37 PM »
Wetdog,
On the 3rd of January I drove 50 miles from home  & did an 8 mile walk.  For once I didn't have my Carl Zeiss binoculars and digital camera.  However I was dressed in a lightweight blue and black 3/4 length Gortex raincoat,
bib & brace UK Army Sniper suit, black boots, Russian/ German green hat with ear flaps, russet rucksack, clinometer & compass. When I arrived at my destination 4 hours later, I sat on a hill which used to be an island eating my sandwiches and having a drink of milk, watching a Barn owl fly round me  and settled on the gravestones still present there,  though the church was moved approximately a mile away brick by brick.  I had been there 30 minutes when coming from somewhere round Dungeness a helicopter appeared, it was black with a red flashing light on it & it hovered over me say at 100/150 feet altitude, for 20 minutes circulating at least 3 times and disturbing my retreat from daily chores, because  I  was pissed off I kept my Army cap on and considered  that perhaps I was being photographed from said flying machine, for what purpose?  WTF going on here I thought, in our beautiful Isles?

Anyhow, most of my mates have all given up their shotguns, 4.10s e.t.c. if you are a farmer/small holder and you see a fox doing mischief in the yard, by the time you have unlocked your gun and then unlocked your ammo, it's long gone, so what's the point of having a gun,  in many situations?
Frank, an old boy that farmed at Chilham,  Kent, after the war, he  had a shotgun for his 21st birthday, (late 1930s), when it came to paying licensing fees, (1968), he gave the guns up,  he said they were his property & he didn't see why he had to pay the Government to own his own guns!
Oh! by the way, I have only ever shot rats & that's when I had to, because they refused despite encouragement to sod off from my house & garden!

Interesting brief history here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7056245.stm

I hope people research Agenda 21, it sounds innocuous, but I believe we have at least one more Ice Age to experience & my Lecturer's believed this too,  30+ years ago, records here are held from 1730, it is an abysmally short period of time to predict future climactic variations, also if you want to reduce CO2, plant trees and reduce pollution, carbon taxes will break the West & we are already paying them on our fuel bills!

Its the effect on Work, Transport, Land Ownership & Lifestyle that will take Agenda 21 right into our lives & freedoms.

Cheers

John

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:46:32 PM by Johnnyboy-wonder »

wetdog

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
if you walk around playing soldiers you will atract atention , im just riding me bike dressed as a motorcyclist not rambo , up to now no problem thanks............... good luck with the bird watching its frezzing down here
just had a quike read http://whatisagenda21.net/agenda21.htm this will make you depressed , just ride your bike youll feel better im sure
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:05:04 PM by wetdog »

johnnyboy-wonder57

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
I not playing Rambo, just rambling usually bird watching & orienteering, ex-Army stuff is cheapish & serviceable!

Cheers

John

Offline wink

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 07:41:09 PM »
This is getting silly now, but I must admit I do like watching tits, in the garden, blue ones at this time of year.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 08:46:52 PM »
I like the great tits in next door's garden but don't see them much this time of year.. ;)

johnnyboy-wonder57

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 06:51:12 PM »
Be aware:
Watchers of Paridae!
You might not see many Great Titmouse's over the next few years they are susceptible to a new type of Avian pox virus, so pleas on advice from http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20425314 do as follows;
"Because the disease can spread between birds and possibly through contaminated surfaces, we recommended that people should keep their feeding stations and feeders clean."
Other birds it is assumed can & will be infected too.

Oh! for a day out, twitching, in the rolling hills and meadows of England's green and pleasant land, on a slimline Norton creation, (probably, a Cafe Racer in form), Carl Zeiss's at hand, the Observer's Book of Birds, open playfully on the bike seat, a miniature picnic hamper, packed into my Field Study bag thrown gaily over my shoulder, a shooting- stick for those awkward moments, of poise & stillness, whilst watching the courting ritual of Philomachus pugnax, a 1950s goddess in an "A"-line dress, pearl necklace, v-neck woollen cardigan, tight blouse, buttons straining as she laughs, lying across a worsted picnicking rug, her stockings held tightly by suspenders, the occasional flash of soft naked thigh....I no idea where all that came from,  but I think I better get on to Mills & Boon pronto!

Shit, the bikes only got a single seat, what's going happen to that lovely young lady now.....& a guy's just coming down the twisty B road road on a Panther with a side-car on it ... its my fantasy, where did he come from? Bugger!

Cheers

JBW

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:55:13 PM by Johnnyboy-wonder »

wetdog

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »
get to the doctors quike , your having a break down

johnnyboy-wonder57

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »
Wetdog,
I always had a fertile imagination at school,  it used to get me into trouble, School's, do not like fertile imaginations, I saw the funny side of everything too, even when my five foot nothing English mistress, lifted me onto my tip toes by the sideburns for not doing my English homework, the cane hurt though, I can still remember the hard ridge across the palm of the hand, the heat from it & that felling of being a hero on the way back to the classroom.

Happy days!

Cheers

JBW

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
A sight to behold... Ruffs and Reeves performing especially if you are into sexual dimorphism, but other than that they tell me they make the tastiest eating!
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen

Offline wink

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »
You mentioned sex and I´ve forgotten what I was going to write!
Does anyone remember "Watching" , a comedy on TV where a bloke with a Norton sidecar was a birdwatcher? Lisa Tarbuck was in it. The bloke set up mending bikes in his mothers garage on the posh side of the Wirral.
Dungeness. I spent an afternoon there last year researching the coastguard cottage where a friend lived in the early 1930s. Interesting place if you like old sheds and N.G. trains, I,ve read somewhere that a bloke was prosecuted for riding a Quad and spoiling a site of natural history / beauty. So he should be if he disturbs the shingle. Quads are for shepherds.
Towards evening a shadow fell over the station site, Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch, and there looming out of its own mist was the biggest shed I`ve ever seen. they make electricity there. Without moving the shingle presumably.