Author Topic: Do you have some troubles with your Pannonia motorcycle? i can help you!  (Read 6415 times)

Offline Christian Arapu

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi! my name is Christian, i'm 18 years old,, year ago i bought an old Pannonia T5 (1974) with "Duna" sidecar from grandfather of my friend, this bike lies over 30 years! in an old garage, but it looked good, for it's years, so, all last summer i have restored it's suspension and engine, bought spare parts, and i've done better my knowledges about this matter,,beautyful people were  helped me with necessary information and advices, i can't belive! how helpful and friendly was the fans and owners of vintage and classic motorcycles from russian and ukrainian moto-forums!  and one year of practice did a good job for me, now, my Pannonia is working good and ride as well (but looking bad.. not a long time)
If you wanna see some photos, how i've restored the engine - click first link, or, how it has looked when i've bought it, click second link,

http://moto-planeta.ru/drugmoto/inomarki/page,1,1,11513-pannoniya-t5-1974-nachinayu-vosstanovlenie.html#comment
http://moto-planeta.ru/drugmoto/inomarki/10271-pomogite-s-pannoniej.html

a few images with my Pannonia:

firts ride:

totally restored carburetor:

P.S.! Pannonia is not only mark, with which i can help, i can help with usefull information and advices if you have some ''misunderstandings'' with your russian, czech or hungarian motorcycle!
I'm waiting for your questions :) :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:48:03 PM by Christian Arapu »
hey ma bro Pooky! how a u duin!

Offline garyj

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do you have some troubles with your Pannonia motorcycle? i can help you!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:16:30 AM »
Hi
i have been given a T5 1973 pannonia with a side car. the exterior is great..

But my clutch plates are worn and 1st gear is slipping. they are the original cork plates. And i need new plates.
do you have any idea about where i can get some or some comparable plates that would fit??

i certainly would appreciate any help.
i live in Salt Lake City. a great place to ride.

Thanks
Gary Jacobson

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have some troubles with your Pannonia motorcycle? i can help you!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 11:06:55 PM »
A number of places can supply the cork inserts - if you don't have enough bottle corks to cut up and use.
(be sure to use real corks, not the composite things with granules pressed together.)
There are articles around on how to boil up your corks, press them into place and trim them to thickness.
Gives clutches a new life.
hth.