Author Topic: Moto Guzzi Airone  (Read 17444 times)

Offline Steve Zodiak

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Moto Guzzi Airone
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
Well, my Airone arrived safe and sound after a 9 week boat trip (photos to follow), and all the ransom money was payed.  I've started going over it a little bit as I've other things to finish up.
I cleaned the gummed up carb but was surprised to see it was the 22mm carb for the Tourismo and not the 25mm for the Sport which my bike is. Should work though, but it would be nice to get the correct one. A question is, as I haven't translated the manual yet, is the oil in the tank (which I need to flush out) the only oil for the bike? Isn't the gearbox a separate oil? If so where's the drain plug and filler etc? I also fitted a new battery and was pleased to see all the electrics work except the brake light (easy fix) and there was a nice fat spark at the plug. Compression was a bit low though at 65lbs, which went up to 95 with oil squirted in the cylinder. Hopefully just stuck rings.

Offline Don-Spada

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »
I would recommend you join the Google Guzzi singles group, there is a great wealth of knowledge on there about these bikes
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/guzzi-singles

Don

Offline Steve Zodiak

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 02:17:08 AM »
Thanks Don. I did that and they have been a great help.