Author Topic: 1961 Honda 150 Dream CA95  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Jordan61linc

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
1961 Honda 150 Dream CA95
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:19:46 AM »
Hello Everyone...
  This is my first time on the forum , so here it goes.  I restored a 1961 Honda CA95 150 dream for my uncle a couple of years ago.  After getting it done, and running the bike , we started to have engine problems.  The engine would get hot, and start to make some metal to metal rotational noises and then eventually got bad enough that we had to address it.  The first time we attempted to fix the issue, we thought we had it , but it is doing it again. 
    When inspecting the problem with the bike, we verified that we were NOT getting oil to the top end of the motor to the camshaft bearings.  This is so important especially on this bike, because the bearings are part of the casting of the cylinder head.  Once they are damaged, there is no going back.  When I say that we are not getting oil to the top end, to be clear , WE ARE getting oil up there when first starting it and before the engine is fully up to temp.  What we are experiencing is, we are LOOSING oil pressure at the top end when engine is fully warmed up.  And the question is WHY?? This is a pressurized oil circuit with gravity doing the job to keep everything else lubed except cam. 
     We have taken apart the motor twice for a full inspection to see if there is something assembled incorrectly or something that been damaged or become faulty.  We have found nothing.  We replaced the oil pump plunger , screen , housing, and made sure all oil passages are clear.  There is also a check ball in the oil pump and that is working properly at this time.  Like I said , I have gone through this many times and have not found anything wrong. 
   If anyone has any insight on this , you would be a lifesaver.  I just want the bike to be on the road to enjoy.  THanks jordan