Author Topic: 1977 Honda cd175  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Old man

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
1977 Honda cd175
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:06:27 PM »
Evening all,

Just bought a 1977 Honda cd175 off flee bay this morning for the nice sum of £600. She has tax & test and ran sweet as a nut. I rode her home and she was fine, I then decided to take her round the marine drive in Scarborough and back round the world famous road racing track (0livers Mount). As I was heading back down the hill to the mere, I heard a pop then she died, tried bumping her before she stopped NOTHING! I ended pushing her round to the main A64 outside halfords. It had no electrics at all, she was dead. I sat waiting for a recovery truck for a while, then he arrive. really nice guy, he loaded the old girl on the truck and we were off. Turns out he had a few old classics himself.
From what he said it looks like my rectifier could be the problem.

It's all part of biking, been riding for over 30 years and let it go over my head.

She is complete and fitted with a lot of NOS parts. Anyway she is going to be fully restored, full engine rebuild / powder coated frame etc / then the rest, a full respray in ruby candy red. Plus re-croming.

Looking for a chain guard and headlight cowl if any of you guys have one,

Will post up the on going restoration as and when.

If any of you guys have a cd175, I would love to chat to you.

Cheers

Offline dunboyne

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1977 Honda cd175
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:29:32 AM »
im not so sure about the diagnosis of a rectifier, normally if the bike stops charging you would notice it starting to run bad for a while before it died , charge up the battery and see if it has power and runs , if it does then put a multimeter on the battery while its running to see if its charging . i had great fun on cd175s many years ago . they are tough bikes .
keep her lit