Author Topic: Honda 650 Nighthawk US - Uk Speedo Change  (Read 3830 times)

Offline mell357

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Honda 650 Nighthawk US - Uk Speedo Change
« on: April 01, 2014, 08:05:36 PM »
Just finished my Nighthawk rebuild, the bike is a US import and as part of the renovation I swopped the US speedo for a UK one off of the donor bike, on the test ride the bike feels faster than the speedo is reading. Of course I need to check it running along side another bike or the wife in her car but does anyone know if I needed to change the speedo drive as well?.
I would have thought not but I am open to anyone with experience.
Thanks to all those who helped with advise along the way, onto the 1980 Kawasaki Z1000 now so it all starts again. The Honda is as sweet as though and well worth the toil and time put in, once the Z1000 is done I fancy a H2 Triple next if I can find an affordable one.

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Honda 650 Nighthawk US - Uk Speedo Change
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
I have had Kawasaki and Suzuki 2t triples , put expansion cambers on the noise is pure music to the ears (infact I still have a set somewhere )

Offline mell357

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Honda 650 Nighthawk US - Uk Speedo Change
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »
For me you can't beat the sound of a two stroke, I had a KH400 when I was 18 (many years ago now) and still love them today. I still play with two stroke motors in my jetski collection, I have a 1992 Kawasaki JS550SX Reed Valve that I have tuned to the max and a 1991 Kawasaki 650 X2 which is also seriously worked. The sound that these make on the water is awesome and they are awesome fun too.
I will have another Kwak 2stroke triple now that I am back into bikes.