Author Topic: 1968 Puch (Sears Allstate) 250  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Atrix

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
1968 Puch (Sears Allstate) 250
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:26:58 PM »
Hi guys! I'm pretty new to this forum so I might as well start a project all the way from the beginning.

Background Info
-Ok, so my dad got this bike when he was 13 (1968) and used it as a daily driver to his school. He never ran it hard and always took very good care of it. When he turned 16, his father bought him a 1969 bug from a family member. He drove it t school and only used the Puch for cruising with his friends (also gearheads). In '72, he bought a brand new 1972 Honda CL450. In '74 (year he started college), e moved out and took the CL450. He left the bug for his sister and got the old family car (1965 Ford Galaxie 500). He also left the 250 in a dry, protected basement. Since 1975, it has sat in the basement, untouched.

So I recently thought about restoring the bike and surprising him with it.

I am going to my grandparents house to pick the bike up sometime this week. I will post pictures when I do.

I also have some questions about the bike
-**What size tire does it take?** I know it's a weird size
-Other than a locked up motor, what else could be wrong? (not including trans, I have someone who will either get me one or rebuild the one i have) So stuff like wiring, brakes, etc.
-Would a parts bike help?
-What are the specs of the bike? I can't find hem anywhere. I want stuff like top speed, horsepower, compression, and stuff like that.

I will update when I learn more.