Author Topic: Mouse problems???  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mouse problems???
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »
Hi one and all,
Ive just been talking to a classic car owner and he's crawling up the wall because mice have eaten into his seats and parts of the rubber coverings in the engine section, and wiring :o :o :o

I was able to help ref this problem because i had the same thing happen to me but it was my tiger cub seat the mice took a fancy to,

If your having mice/rats etc problem ie they have decided to eat your inside of classics or any bikes etc try this,

Go and buy the comfort clothing freshner strips, (every supermarket sells these, on the washing powder shelf's)
they are whats used in the clothing drying machine to give your cleaned clothing a fresh smell,

The mice/rats etc hate the smell and will not go near the strips,

Just lay a few of these (4) in the engine and close the bonnet, a few in the boot, a few inside the car under the seats over the sun viser, under the bike seat near the plug leads, any cluster of wiring,

This method works and if like myself you live in the countryside mice will look for shelter in the winter and they'll chew your wiring/ etc so put mice poison in places we're the domsetic animals and children cant get them and use the comfort strips,

I was told about this way of dealing with mice by a salesman in a citiy car show room (even they had this problem)

And as a bonus the car will smell fresh,

One last point is to think about the exhaust pipe !!! if your leaving the bike/car for storage cover the end of the pipe with the likes of wire wool
so the rodents can't get any further into the engine and make a nest or store nuts etc,

"Make a reminder note and put it over the ignition  so you'll remember to remove the wire wool from the pipe.

Or before someone says it "Get a cat" ;D

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mouse problems???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 07:25:33 AM »
Good tip, I might try that.

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »
Hi Murdo,
And all the best to you and yours,
It works,
I'd love to have a cat tobe honest but due to the hunter around here (they shoot cats) I wouldn't like to loose it,

My neighbour had a cat and it wouldn't go near a mouse, I did ask the cat why it didn't kill mice but all the's cat reply was "MEE HOW" :P

Offline wink

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 02:58:21 PM »
I remember when Duvdat Tandon had a rat in the back seat of his Sunbeam car.
I canīt remember what I did yesterday but some things stick in the mind more.