Author Topic: Rare for all the wrong reasons  (Read 13984 times)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rare for all the wrong reasons
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »
Ah but I did once buy one in  a weak moment. which is why I asked about the fuel tank

two tone beige, sold to a guy nr liverpool in the 1990s, gel coat or not there were dirty crack lines lines in it in places. I found a pic of a similar fault earlier but can't now, dammit.

I only have a yen for an LE out of sentiment sake, I knew the last of the Met police ones when I worked for them, they did sterling service around London, and I met my wife via one.
I sold it to her, then rode it from Bromley Kent, M1/M45 over to George Yeomans original old place when it was run by him, it went bang on the return journey near Rugby. Shame but not really the fault of the bike.

I never buy tat, repro or not.
2hrs from me, might be worth a run.

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
I've been to Malvern a few times and it's not that good (mind you very few autojumbles are worth the trip these days).
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 10:58:54 AM »
I remember George   well when he was at the mill and went most weekends to drink his coffee and talk , steve still has the name going and its ok but no free coffee , Malvern I think is as good as it gets now but be early or get a out side pitch for any bargains , the internet has made sure access to value is for all so the old days of bantams for £20 have gone 

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 12:47:49 PM »
George Yeoman, RIP, a good bloke , and old fashioned spares source.
Always had lots of time for you.