Author Topic: Mystery Yamaha '70's NOS seat?  (Read 3239 times)

Offline bike addict

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Mystery Yamaha '70's NOS seat?
« on: September 13, 2015, 10:47:23 PM »
Does anyone recognise what Yamaha bike this seat is from? Its definitely a Yamaha seat (it has its original Yamaha cover on it) and I think its from the early 1970's. I bought it to replace the non-standard covered one currently fitted to my very original 1973 Yamaha TX750 four stroke twin. It is marked by the vendor as a NOS TX750 seat, but, it doesnt fit my original bike! Its longer than the seat pan fitted; has different indents in the seat pan, and, most importantly the hinge points are further apart than on my original '73 frame. Any help and ideas would be really gratefully received! Thanks.

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mystery Yamaha '70's NOS seat?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 09:19:50 AM »
Might be for a TX650.
Does it have a part number stamped on it?

Offline bike addict

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:52:23 AM »
Not that I've been able to find so far! I'll have another closer look to see if I can spot one anywhere on it. I'll try and attach a photo of the underside of the seat (which I thought i'd done last time) to try and make it more identifiable to anyone looking at it on the forum. Thanks.

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
If you can find a part number stamped on it, just put the number into google and it should tell you what its for.