Author Topic: Aluminium welding  (Read 3837 times)

Offline John Taylor

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Aluminium welding
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »
Hello.

I have three small Aluminium welding jobs that need doing. Broken head fin, part broken diecasting of headstock cowl and cracked engine cover (non oil containing).

Anyone recommend somebody to do this please, the stuff is a bit rare so do not fancy trying myself and finishing up with a pool of Aluminium instead of my bits finished welded.

I suppose distance does not matter, I could post the items, although it would be nice to meet up with whoever does the work, so North of Birmingham South of Leeds preferred.

Thanks
JohnT

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Aluminium welding
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 10:48:11 PM »
If you don't get any immediate good local recommendations, the aircraft welder at your local airport is probably a line of enquiry to look at. Those guys do this sort of stuff all the time, and aircraft owners tend to take note of who is good. Being small jobs, they shouldn't charge  much - but get  a quote or idea before proceeding.

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
evan at arm strong . repairs all heads , replaces fins etc and a great man to meet and has british bikes him self so knows what hes looking at which is rare , tel 01384569441

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:52:53 AM »
Do you have contact details as I may have some alloy welding to be done?
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves