Author Topic: What make is this  (Read 4364 times)

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
What make is this
« on: December 29, 2015, 09:39:41 AM »
Can anyone tell me the make of this bike please.

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: What make is this
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 03:44:37 PM »
Looks like some variety of Peugeot.
Something like this early 1950s one, but the toolbox may make it different

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 07:43:46 PM »
I think you are spot on R cheers.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
seen it on ebay,  too much missing. be ok if it stuck at 400 but too many mugs out there.

that one about 200 quid in France,they are off loading all their tat bikes onto speculative brit antique dealers.

Reason is France has really tightened up on registering old vehicles to the point its near impossible to get the  Carte Gris paperwork for them. They have no system for issuing a new number as we have here.
 It was always a real hassle to get it anyway, they'd ask you for the address of the original dealer or maker  for one thing, who can get that after 60yrs.
So all the tat antique dealers who are going over there rummaging in Brocantes for furniture and stuff get to bung one or two in the van as make weights. The bilge they spout about them on ebay is always worth a laugh.

All that side if you can find a decent runner they are a nice little bike.

That one started life in the Haute Loire [dept43] looks like there is a readable dealer transfer on the tool box, may give a clue to what town it started out from.

As a big fan of french bikes, especially the workaday utility ones I can say they will all have been mercilessly run into the ground by previous owners. Buying one thats incomplete is a no no; spares in this country are non existant you'll have to get it all from France. No workshop manuals either.

What a shame no one took me up on my offer of french bike mags, several of which had features on these little Peugeots, all gone in the skip now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 08:09:22 PM by mini-me »

Offline darloman

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 09:56:55 AM »
Thanks for all your very useful info Mini-me will keep it well and truly stored