Author Topic: Wanted: plans for JAP JTOR engine  (Read 3555 times)

Offline MPOregon

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wanted: plans for JAP JTOR engine
« on: July 18, 2016, 07:18:47 PM »
Well, gents, against the best advice of marriage counselors everywhere, I am starting my first British bike build. 

I am starting with a JAP JTOR.  I live in semi-rural Central Oregon, and there are none to be found around here.  I can't afford one of Cameron's repro motors, as beautiful as they are.  I am going to have to machine the thing myself.

So, I am looking for blue prints and working machinist's drawings of every part and piece.  I have been talking with the folks at the VMCC and BSC, and about to join both (and probably the Morgan club, too) in the UK, and the AMCC here in they US.  They have all been really helpful, and they've got a lot of drawings, but there are gaps.

I can not pay you, but I can offer you a trade.  I am building a digital model of the entire motor, and will return to you a file for any drawing you can share with me, so you can send out to have the part CNC'd.

Hope this post finds you well.  I am excited about this project, and about this forum.  Any guidance or suggestions you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanted: plans for JAP JTOR engine
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:23:36 PM »
Welcome.
Sounds like a nice project Matt, good luck with it and keep us informed of how you get on.

Offline MPOregon

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanted: plans for JAP JTOR engine
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:52:00 AM »
Thanks Murdo.  Appreciate the good wishes.