Author Topic: Terrot / Magnat Debon 350hct  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Dat83

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Terrot / Magnat Debon 350hct
« on: November 01, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »
Hello guys, firstly, what a great wealth of knowledge this place is! Thanks to all those helping and sharing!
I've read through a lot on here about Terrots (and the warnings on French vintage bikes) but I bought a Magnat Debon frame sometime ago, an M347 I think but it didn't have an engine and I was going to put a more modern reliable engine and customise it... in the mean time though I stumbled across a Magnat Debon 350 HCT B4L engine and have found a small bit of info on the Terrot website that I'll need to translate but wondered if anyone here had much experience with them?
I,m not home to inspect the engine properly yet but I believe it's just the motor and I'll be needing gear box, magneto and oil pump from what I've gathered in my reading.
I've looked through several French sites as suggested on here that have been a good help with info but haven't found many parts that suit.
I'm in no real rush though, and it's a labour of love of course but if anyone might have pointers on parts or things to look out for / watch when giving the engine and overhaul 'I'd appreciate it.
Thanks very much and thanks again for all the info I've read so far.
Cheers
David

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Terrot / Magnat Debon 350hct
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
I hope you're a young man....'cos if you're starting with a bare frame and engine only you'll be needing to live a long time to actually get to ride it.
Unless you fit generic parts to get it going, but then of course you may as well have bought a BSA, Triumph or whatever in the first place!
Good luck with it though.

Offline Dat83

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Terrot / Magnat Debon 350hct
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 08:38:42 PM »
Haha young enough and stupid enough!

I'm getting some wheels made so will sort brakes accordingly as unfortuntaely the wheels weren't salvageable,  but I've got most of the rest...  minus engine and running gear!
As I'm away for work currently I get a fair bit of spare time so trying to get as much knowledge as possible so I can really get stuck in when I'm home again.... that's the plan anyway! Though even finding an idea on registering it is proving a challenge 😩 Buuuut it's all part of the fun! 
Thanks for the encouragement !