Author Topic: need some more help  (Read 3227 times)

Offline oldpugjeff

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
need some more help
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:35:06 PM »
got a prob trying to register the bike, and there dont seem to be answers to my questions. i've got a 1952 pug, still on its french reg plate. i want to register it over here but i havent got a french log book. also i have found out i'll need a NOVA cert from hmrc, i havent got that either so is there any way i can find out if the bike has got one? can see why the bike has been sold on 5 times in two years but i amnot going to give up. any help would be great andbe rewarded with a crimble card.
jeff

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: need some more help
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 10:13:11 PM »
Just jump through the hoops and start on the assumption it has no Nova.
Talk to DVLA on the phone, they can be surprisingly helpful I'm told.

I have heard that 12 noon to 1 pm a good time to call as likely quiet.

There is no short cut, it probably left France without its reg papers, or carte grise. I have explained why on here before.

It's why there is so much old french stuff being touted about by antique dealers who know eff all about bikes.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: need some more help
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 09:49:28 AM »
Forget what it might have had or should have had.
You need a NOVA certificate, so either phone DVLA and ask for on to be sent (my mate did this and it took ages to actually be sent) or go online and apply that way.
You'll need to apply to the Government gateway scheme for a password to do this, but it's a piece of cake.
{Having said that, when I last did this back in the spring for a paper-less Guzzi single, HMRC wouldn't issue a NOVA without proof of age, so I had to deal with the VMCC first for a dating cert, and they also seem to want to make everyone jump through hoops now too..}
Anyway, when you have the dating cert and NOVA cert, it's alll plain sailing.