Author Topic: Honda H100 saga. No spark  (Read 4003 times)

Offline kairos

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Honda H100 saga. No spark
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »
Hi,
My Honda H100 2 stroke  has no spark or very little. I bought a flywheel puller only to find there are no points!
I have removed the HT coil and checked it by flashing 6volts to the LT terminal nil or very poor spark.

The HT lead seems OK
Not sure about the plug or the plug cap.
even putting the lead next to earth does not get a spark.

Measuring the LT circuit with a multi meter I get a very low ohms reading on any scale but do get continuity.
The HT circuit I get a reading of 4k Ohms.
The bike at the moment does not have a battery but I have been turning the ignition on. I think the ignition is independent of the battery.

Any ideas?
Many thanks

kairos

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Honda H100 saga. No spark
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »
Welcome back!
How about a manual and looking at the wiring diagram? I seem to recall that some little Jap two-strokes had the genie output shorted when the key as off and "not shorted" when the key was turned to on.
Can't do much with no points, but at least a manual will give some clues how it works.

Offline kairos

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »
Hi Rex,
Well I was going to scrap the bike . But as it was a runner and contributors to my post suggested I sell it as a  Barn Find  I though I would plod on.
But it would sell better as a runner and of course the more I do  it has sort of become a hobby! Not that the wife is very impressed!
As I said in the post I have had the coil on the bench and I can only get a very small spark if at all. So I am wondering if over time the coil has broken down. Yep I will see if I can get hold of a manual.
Richard

Offline kairos

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »
Hi Again,
Having had the night to think about not having any points got me thinking that maybe the main source of power to fire the spark plug comes from the battery . So this morning I have ordered a new battery. Rex  you are right about the manual . " if all else fails read the manual! ;D
Richard