Author Topic: Terrot 125....1954  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Cb1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Terrot 125....1954
« on: October 02, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »
Hi
On the 14th October I'm collecting my 1954 Terrot 125, once I get my head round this site I'll post a photo of it, iv been restoring small engine bikes for a few years now and own 5 Mobylettes
 two of which I use regularly,  av76 and av88 , another av76 in the build and nearly done, then iv got two Av42's...

The Terrot is being registered by the lady I'm buying it from, here goes with a few questions...

Are manuals available? Iv found a couple of French sites that have parts available, I know It needs quite a bit doing to it from the photos iv been sent... Appreciate any help steering me in the right direction...
This reminds me of when I got my first moby... Question after question  🤔😁

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Terrot 125....1954
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:05:42 PM »
Welcome!
I am trying to finalise my restoration of the Terrot MT1 100cc, 1950.
I've been at it a year almost and have this to say:

Register with the Terrot.org forum based in France.
A company called Chambrier in France have spares, but not many. Bit of a clunky web site but worth looking at. I've used them several times, really good customer service and speak English.
There is very little info to find on these early French bikes but Terrot.org has a lot, and there are several 125's being done by their members.

I think the 125 was far more popular than the MT1, so you will have a nice bike when done and far more support from the French!

All Terrots are rare in the UK, some parts turn up on ebay France.
Type in 'Terrot Pieces' and there will be lots to brows through.
Look forward to the pictures.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:17:34 PM »
speak french or do without.

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:43:36 PM »
Not so, it's easy.
I don't speak good French let alone write it.
I post on the Terrot.org site in English, copy the text, translate it in Google, copy that translation and paste it under the English text.

Works a treat and French replies are translated the same way so you get it all in English eventually.
No probs at all.

Tried to start the MT again with the original carb on.
After choking it for a few strokes I gave it a hard push on the kick start and it ran for 5 seconds!
Sounded very nice before it died...

It will not restart, but at least it will work!

I think I now have a decent case seal on the crank but I cannot get a consistent mixture of fuel and air to the engine.

I have ordered a cheap Chinese carb suitable for a 2 stroke and a choke dia of 19mm. The carb has a mixture control and I hope is reasonably well jetted for the 100cc Terrot engine.
This will prove a point if it works that the old AMAC carb is not good enough.
I have tried a similar carb but with a 14mm dia choke but that did not work.

Essayé de recommencer le MT avec le carb original.
Après l'avoir étouffé pour quelques coups, je lui ai donné une forte pression sur le démarrage et il a couru pendant 5 secondes!
Sonnait très bien avant sa mort ...

Il ne redémarrera pas, mais au moins ça fonctionnera!

Je pense que j'ai maintenant un sceau de cas décent sur la manivelle, mais je ne peux pas obtenir un mélange constant de carburant et d'air avec le moteur.

J'ai commandé un carburant chinois bon marché adapté pour un 2 temps et un diamètre de starter de 19mm. Le carb a un contrôle de mélange et j'espère qu'il est raisonnablement bien jeté pour le moteur 100cc Terrot.
Cela prouvera un point si cela fonctionne que l'ancien AMAC carb n'est pas assez bon.
J'ai essayé un carb similaire, mais avec un étranglement de 14 mm mais ça ne marchait pas.

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 10:45:12 PM »
Double post for some reason..

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »
Try doing that with a printed workshop manual.

Offline Cb1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »
That's great terrotmt1, I'll have a look also at the French eBay, I'll also try loading a pic as soon as I get it, iv been following your posts recently, you've done well!, thanks for your help!
Graham

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:26:57 PM »
Mini, yes, take your point, but usually the figures tell you what things 'say', but the Terrot manuals are very 'light'....
CB1, you are welcome, at least all my thrashing around this subject has benefited someone else.
Graham.

Offline Cb1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
It has definitely, thank you!