Author Topic: NVT Easy Rider  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Neil49

• Advanced Member
  • H.C.M.C.
    • View Profile
NVT Easy Rider
« on: August 04, 2007, 04:46:27 AM »
 ??? Just bought a NVT Easy Rider moped, why you might ask, because it was there. Anyway it has a small problem, so if anyone out there can help I would be grateful. The engine wont tick over on normal run setting. Choke on, no problem, take the choke off and it just stops, unless you keep the revs up. Cleaned the carb, weakened the mixture, but no difference. Would anyone know of an alternative carb that would fit?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:55:16 AM by Neil49 »

Offline Alex_James

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: NVT Easy Rider
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 06:42:17 AM »
HI Neil      You do not need a new carb. the problem is with the primary jet  No good blowing the thing or useing carb cleaner. Take cab off ,close slide look at intake from engine side and there is the cloged jet it is a small hole in the body of the carb below the slide.it will clear with a fine wire The wire will only go into the hole 3 mm as it will not turn down the body. to adjust tick over open slide untill you see the hole. but no further.when the engine is running the setting is very fine from this setting 1/4 of a turn can be too much. There is also a larger hole at the air filter side opposit .IT does not connect. You will have lots of fun on your nvt . ;D
Alex

Offline Neil49

• Advanced Member
  • H.C.M.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 07:54:40 PM »
You were right, we missed that little hole when cleaning carb, now all done, engine ticks over great. Just one more thing, does anyone know what other mopeds these type of NVT engines were fitted to, think I'm going to need some spares in the future, someone filed the head.
Many thanks ;D All thats left to do is MOT it now.

Offline RichP

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:02:09 AM »
From memory and looking at the crankcases, I think an Italian motori Minarelli unit. I'm not sure precisely which other makes used the horizontal cylinder though.

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 04:57:26 AM »
I believe these engines were made by Franco (Not Moto) Morini.
L.A.B.