Author Topic: Lucer Ak3 grand sport  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Tony J

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Lucer Ak3 grand sport
« on: March 21, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
Hello to everyone..new member here, I have a 100cc french motorcycle 1957 Lucer Ak3 grand sport...I can't find any others for sale, or indeed, any information on the bike, it appears to be a rare old bird.....does anyone have any information on this model...or own one? Thanks

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lucer Ak3 grand sport
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »
So is this one related to you ?

The wiki entry does seem a little brief...
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucer

Looks related
http://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/classics-l/Lucer-1948-Factory.htm
You can click through for a view of a few other models there
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:24:47 PM by R »

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:29:55 PM »
As the owner of a well known French workman bike, I wish you every bit of luck with your bike.
My Terrot MT1 is almost known about in the U.K. And in France there are 2 good forums, but spares are almost non existent, info is hard to find, and will be in French.

It will be very hard to sell and recover the material costs of a decent restoration, but if you have it for a challenge, then you will have a good time.
It is the unique parts that are so hard to find, so I hope the bike is complete.

My advice is to get it to start and run well fist before anything else, I did not do this, much to my dismay.
Graham.

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 07:11:04 AM »
please... no more french flea market tat ::) ::)
How could I have guessed you would say that. ;D

Offline Tony J

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 07:28:23 AM »
Wow...no more french flea market tat....I seem to have touched a raw nerve there....thank you for the constructive replies, the bike is indeed complete and a runner, I was hoping a few owners might be able to supply additional info without the vitriol and sarcasm.

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 09:01:34 AM »
Tony, non meant from me.
I bought my non running Terrot and sorting it out is very hard right from UK registration to today.
I have a thread by yours about the engine saga.

These small French bikes are very poorly supported and very few know of them in the U.K.
There were many manufacturers post war before they failed or were bought up.
Terrot were bought by Peugeot in the mid 50s after making some iconic bikes.
The grand bikes are well supported, but the small one less so.

You may find this with yours, I've never heard of the make, but bikes are not my first interest, so certainly no expert.
Google will be your best friend, look for French bike forums as well as the manufacturer.

I have found this site more helpful than any other, the Terrot.org site have been more observers than help and I have posted there in English and French.

Yo have yours running is a huge plus, wish I was in the same boat.
Graham.

Offline TGR90B

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 09:24:34 AM »
"Vitriol & sarcasm". Tony take it in the light hearted manner it was intended. Best to get into the site a bit before biting. Everyone's different.
Dave.
Getting grumpy, but not as grumpy as mini-me.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »
Another delicate one who want his hand held.

What you got from me was the hard truth,and incidentally some sensible help if you bothered with the links? I think your engine is more likely an Ydral now, and if you search for info about Ydral you'll get some more.

What on earth makes you think this site and this country is awash with obscure french bikes? its not, despite the efforts of  various chancers importing van loads of french tat to Kempton and ebay?

I have had quite a few decent french bikes through my hands and am well aware of the difficulties and expense involved in owning them, and that was when I made regular trips to France and had many contacts over there.

If you don't speak/read french you are even more up against it,  mon petit chou. a bientot fleur.

Offline The Artful Bodger

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • The Artful Bodger's Home Foundry
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 10:57:49 AM »
Hi Tony, as another member with a "no more french flea market tat" bike, welcome! Mini - Me seems a crusty sod, but actually will have a look around and offer suggestions for info etc. I think maybe he's got a soft centre hidden somewhere??
  I asked on this site hoping someone might have some experience with a bike like my latest project with about the same response as you got. But don't be put off. Two strokes are pretty simple things and most things can be overcome, but since your bike is running you don't have a problem............. as yet.
  A bike's a bike and I don't care where they come from as long as they make me smile, hopefully the same for you. Just enjoy it but remember the value will be limited on re-sale so watch your spending. When I bought mine I knew I would be making most everything I needed for it, both because it's French but also since it's from the '20's. I'd much rather own, ride and enjoy a French flat tanker than not have one at all, looking at British ones but not being able to justify the cost of owning one. In reality I love the look of mine and don't consider it a compromise. Enjoy yours!

Colin
1926 Magnat Debon, 1953 Bantam, 1955 Ariel Huntmaster, 1961 GPO Bantam, 1979 GS 850, 2001 Burgman 400, 2004 Burgman 650

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 11:04:32 AM »
I've had a Monet-Goyon 1936 and 350, and while it was stylish and fun it was hard work to get any bits or info about it. M-G does have a dedicated forum but the French do seem to resent the Rosbifs taking what's left of their classic motorcycling past, unless it's a Transit load of incomplete, totally-spunked little two-strokes on offer at Kempton in which case they're enthusiastic.
If yours is running that's at least a good start, though when I did search Ebay.Fr for bits etc I never saw your make of bike come up ever, so maybe it's more than  little obscure.
Best thing is clean it up get it running a flog it to some twerp who drinks out of jam-jars, doesn't wear socks and has a big bushy beard.

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 01:14:54 PM »
Did Tony take his picture on my driveway? ;)

Sadly, I bought my next project from a UK antiques dealer living in France, straight out of the back of her Transit just before I bought my lovely Terrot from a local motorcycle shop who bought it from a UK Antiques Dealer at the Bike Show in Stafford....
I feel a bit wiser today.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:18:53 PM by Terrotmt1 »

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 02:37:46 PM »
Yes I am a crusty sod, the crust comes of years in the bike trade followed by the despair at the things some folk waste time and money on.

each to his own or  à chacun son goût as the frogs say.

I am 90% that your engine is an Ydral; these engines were quit ewidely used in all sorts of vehicles from invalid trikes, to mini cars or velo moteurs in which France abounded after the war. That's the 1939-45 one not the Falklands which is about as far back as some's memory goes.
They seem to have been reliable enough units so engine stuff is possibly easier to get which is half the battle.

If you spoke/read french you could search ebay.fr, don't bother with ebay uk, for issues of Moto Revue or RTM revue Moto Technique which over the years covered such engines in depth, as near a manual as you'll get.

There are three dealers over there who supply spares for all sorts, their names are on here; They are OK to deal with, accept cards and paypal. Postage is a killer if its a  parcel.

I have bought lots from ebay.fr when the exchange rate was in our favour; never had a problem with seller or post, just check they'll send to here and take paypal first, 'cos lots don't.

Start all enquires with  "SVP Monsieur" as it helps a lot.

As was said they aren't keen on exporting their heritage, I have seen so much old shit sold to us rosbifs.

Over the years I ahve owned

1930s Terrot LST
1947 FN 450 with  the rubber suspension.
 A 250 Peugeot

a Motobecane Z22c  175cc which was a far better made bike than a tiger cub
a Motobecane Z2 125cc
a Manhurin scooter,
and numerous mopeds.

The mopeds sell readily enough to mugs here, all the others got sold/traded back to France, the best place for them.
At least yours goes. I hope you got it for nothing.
Just about all your likely problems and their answers will have arisen in the Terrot saga. You could share his patience.

That's my lot, if it offends, I don't care that's life.

I think there should be a separate section for french bikes because of my blood pressure.

1920s French flat tankers are a whole different thing.

I have a massive knee op soon, so  I think I'll dig out some of my pics of interesting french bikes and scan and post them, maybe some of the crap too.

I still got a pile of french bike mags that are destined for the binman soon.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:42:18 PM by mini-me »

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:49 PM »
Good luck with the knee. I had a total knee replacement 6 years ago and it was a life-changing event (for the better).
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 04:03:04 PM »
Thanks Ian, I can manage about 600yds max these days; haven't given the dog a proper walk for two years, people keep asking the wife if I 'm dead.

No dog walks meant the beer gut is impressive through lack of exercise.

Its a good job I managed to keep my sunny disposition through it all ;) Always look on the bright side is my motto. 8)

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »
I can tell.......
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves