Author Topic: B G England of Dunstable  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Mark M

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
B G England of Dunstable
« on: September 13, 2019, 07:03:57 PM »
I am re-commissioning a 1960 Royal Enfield Super Meteor that was originally sold by dealers B G England of Dunstable (and possibly Luton?) The history of the bike is important and I'd like to reproduce the original Dealer sticker that was unfortunately obliterated by the previous owner. I have a very poor and blurry photo of the original but to get a replacement made I need a good image. Can anyone help please?
Thanks,
REgards, Mark

Offline chaterlea25

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: B G England of Dunstable
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 09:22:56 PM »
Hi Mark
Your best bet is Val Emery, http://dealerdecals.co.uk/

John

Offline iansoady

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 10:08:51 AM »
The problem with that site is there's no search facility. I use https://www.isaydingdong.co.uk/ourshop/cat_1576154-DEALER-STICKERS-ETC.html but sadly they don't do the one you want (neither do they have Parkinson of Wakefield, the original supplier of my Norton).
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Tre-Greeves

Offline Mark M

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 12:27:49 PM »
John, I have been on to Val Emery and they don't have it but they will make one if I can get a good image, hence the post! Ian, yes, I looked at every single one, took a while!
REgards, Mark

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 10:11:01 PM »
Googling that dealer name brings up no matches whatsoever, which is unusual,
so good luck with finding one.

A good commercial artist could probably take your blurry pic and rejig it to be like new.
Its surprising the decal makers don't have someone on tap that can do this ?

Offline Mark M

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 08:17:57 AM »
I have found a reference to BG England but they only came up as a Dealer listed in a Triumph instruction book, you will be familiar with manufacturers listing local parts suppliers, usually in the back pages of their manuals. Unfortunately the listing only gives the address and I'll need the phone number. Not a major problem as I can make one up but the photo is so blurred I can't even see how much text there is, and I need to establish if this was a bike from their Luton branch and indeed, if they actually had one! Val Emery probably does have an artwork person, as they have asked for details of the text. The overall shape and style is pretty clear and not fancy with no pictorial elements so hopefully not a big task! (Or so I thought...)
REgards, Mark