Author Topic: AJS 990cc Side Valve V Twin 1934  (Read 9159 times)

Offline R

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: AJS 990cc Side Valve V Twin 1934
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 12:44:50 AM »
You need at least to be on the prewar Matchy forum which is free, I'm not sure how you join - PrewarWDAJSM@AJSMatchless.groups.io
Or become a member of the Jampot Forum, which costs a small fee.

I'm sure you know these bikes are worth a few bob these days, and parts are keenly sought after, so it will cost you to obtain all the bits.
Fortunately lots of stuff is being remade these days, so its not like operating in a vacuum....
There was chit chat recently on replica exhausts, so those at least are obtainable in good quality.

Offline john.k

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AJS 990cc Side Valve V Twin 1934
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2020, 10:20:32 AM »
I think the cush drive setup could easily be reconstructed by any engineering shop ,especially to adapt another one .....I would expect a similar year 500 single one to be the same ,or close enough to adapt..........I suppose you realize its a pity you didnt at least accumulate all the parts in the early years of the internet......I found some very good cheap vintage bike stuff online from around 2004 -2015.....More recently ,the cult of rich tossers owning old bikes as status symbols has made anything online ridiculously expensive......and you see all these outrageous efforts of assembled and highly chromed bits ,all from different bikes ,in fashion and poofs magazines.....Oh well ,Ive got mine.