Author Topic: Ariel Red Hunter in need of good home and TLC  (Read 3805 times)

Simon Enticknap

Ariel Red Hunter in need of good home and TLC
« on: August 13, 2005, 07:17:49 AM »
I have an Ariel Red Hunter (500cc single) circa 1952 that I have owned for about 30 years. It stopped running in 1984 and about 6 years ago I stripped it down thinking I was going to rebuild it (Ha Ha  :)). Needless to say I didn't and I now need to sell it to make room in the garage. It is one of the "Hartley tuned" versions with a high lift cam, BSA Gold star inlet valve bloody great Amal and 9:1 compression (i.e. its not standard!) Although it's all there (plus some parts) it is a rolling chassis and a couple of teachests.

The question is how much is it worth and where can I sell it - any ideas?

Thanks
Simon Enticknap

rodney smith

Re: Ariel Red Hunter in need of good home and TLC
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 12:16:07 AM »
Were is the bike please? can you send some pictures? and how much would you be asking ? i may be able to help you out as i am in the market for just such a bike.
regards
Rodney

Steve Smith

Ariel Red Hunter in need of good home and TLC
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 10:20:42 PM »
If its any help. I have 1955 VH 500cc Red Hunter which is all there, MOT, new mag, starts/runs like a dream - and pisses oil despite a complete top end rebuild. The bike was 'restored' by an old boy who hand painted almost every thing (inc spokes/rims/hubs) with maroon epoxy paint so its not imaculate (will never rust) but dying for a proper restoration. A senior Ariel owners club guy said it was the perfect start point for a rebuild and I should ask UK£1800 for it. Hope that helps.