Author Topic: Terrot Reporduction Parts? Looking for Links.....  (Read 3185 times)

Offline JoeJ

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Terrot Reporduction Parts? Looking for Links.....
« on: November 10, 2020, 02:42:21 AM »
Hi Everyone,

It has been about 5 years since I posted something here.  The last one was under "1953 Terrot 125" or something like that back in 2015?

Anyway,  I can't find that thread, but was wondering if someone could provide links to companies that make or sell Terrot motorcycle parts (or NOS parts too).

None of the old links I have work!

Thanks!  Joe Joyce

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Terrot Reporduction Parts? Looking for Links.....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 08:40:37 AM »
Hello Joe, I remember your thread start then silence..

I found Chambrier et Fils good, site is hard work, but most French ones are!
Finding anything for these light Terrots is very very hard.
I did have a short list but it went to the new owner of my Terrot MT! as I felt he would need them....

French ebay is poor for good parts, lots of knackered ones, but found a new carb in the UK!

Best to join up to the Terrot owners web site in France, bit I wish you luck.

Offline JoeJ

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 12:00:22 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reference, I will look into that site.  I recall there being a number of sites (5 years ago) but can't find them anymore.  I agree that ebay.fr is hit or miss - usually miss.

I got to a certain point with the bike and had to put it aside as right now I have no place to really work on it - no garage or shed :(  So it is boxed up on my porch.

Also, I ran into a couple problems where I either couldn't get a nut off the front fork or I need a bolt and nut for the seat (that goes through the frame) and can't find a replacement.  The one I have has been sheered off, so I have to drill out what is left of it and try to replace it. So, tedious work when I don't have the space.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 09:27:00 AM »
Trying to buy bits for the M-G years back on Ebay.fr and I'd ask the sellers of they would send it to the UK, and usually the emphatic response was a simple "non".
Don't think they liked the idea of scarce parts leaving the country.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 11:48:59 AM »
I never had any trouble buying from ebay france or chambrier/macadem deux roues or the otehr one I can't remember, and still occasionally use one or other for parts like vintage handlebar rubbers.

Several problems here, sending large parcels from france is a real hassle for the sender, the french post has several price ranges, and post offices over there seem to be miserable gits who set their own prices according to whim, system is set in the napoleon era,and often post office staff don't understand it.
However once inthe system it always got here, surprisingly fast some times.

Sellers in france don't like using paypal, especially private sellers, and unlike here they are not forced to offer it on ebay.

finally, people here who buy french bikes fail to comprehend that there is not the  supply of vintage stuff /backup as there is here in UK, its all very thin on the ground so if its something scarce you cannot really blame them for exporting it.

An awful lot went to the austrian corporal for scrap, regardless. Its amazing just how anything escaped the melting pot.

It is pointless talking to french ebay sellers without speaking basic french,   favourite these days is ...quand est le prochain canoë en Angleterre s'il vous plaît
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:00:41 PM by mini-me »

Offline Terrotmt1

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 03:01:27 PM »
^^Quite agree, but my wife is fluent in French so that helps.
On forums I used google translate, and that worked well considering the technical aspects involved.
Postage costs are always high, bit like buying Honda parts from the USA, often postage is 1/4 to 1/2 the item cost on top.

During Brexit (remember that?) Chambrier stopped supply to the UK of its white wall tyres, I had possibly the last pair for my BIMA.

Doing a UK bike must be heaven! Pity finding complete bikes for restoration is so hard.
I would need a set of weird sized spanners too...