Author Topic: Starting a T120V after 10 years sitting  (Read 4088 times)

Anthony Liss

Starting a T120V after 10 years sitting
« on: October 21, 2005, 06:15:48 PM »
I just found a T120V that's been in storage since '94.  I'm looking for the correct proceedure, check list of things to do before attempting to start the motor and run the bike.  Visually all seems there and in good condition.  15,000 on the odometer.  Any tips would be welcome.

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Starting a T120V after 10 years sitting
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 08:34:48 PM »
I would drain and replace all oils, gearbox, chaincase, oil tank, (remove engine sump plug drain oil and replace), and forks. Once refilled, I would pour 1/4 pt of oil down inside the rocker box to re- fill the sump, then kick over without spark plugs until fresh oil is pumped into the tank. You may have trouble with the carbs, so I would remove the float bowls and check for crud New battery, check spark, new fuel and away you go. Check fuel tank for loose rust and remove.

Anthony Liss

Re: Starting a T120V after 10 years sitting
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 11:52:58 AM »
Followed your excellent advice and I'm happy to say the T120V lives.  Thanks for the tips.  Had some issues with a ground wire coming loose which took a while to find and the right directionals fore and aft are not working.  The orange light on the back of the head light comes on what does that indicate?  Does this model have an adjustable chain oiler?  If so where is it located.  I find the Clymer leaves thing out form time to time.