Author Topic: help with this triumph  (Read 6282 times)

d-bug

help with this triumph
« on: November 05, 2005, 11:07:53 AM »
can you tell me about this bike?

d-bug

Re: help with this triumph
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 11:08:43 AM »
nuther pic

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 05:20:38 PM »
Hi d-bug,
T120V means you have a 650cc Triumph Bonneville with a 5 speed gearbox.  EG shows it is a 1972 model, made in May, so it is a late model as they were coming toward the end of the production run of that year. Thankfully you have the new chassis design which had the rear subframe welded to a spot almost 3 inches lower on the oil bearing spine.
Colour scheme for the tank and mudguards would be Tiger Gold and white, with black pinstriping. Mudguards would be painted Tiger Gold with a white centre stripe applied over the top, with black coachlines. All other parts are black

Hugh

www.thebikeshed.net

d-bug

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 01:07:48 PM »
More pics and a question?
Do you thinks it's worth 915 pounds (british sterling)?

d-bug

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 01:09:10 PM »
Oh, it comes with two small crates of parts.

d-bug

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 01:14:01 PM »
the frame was used for an oil resovoir?  Do they make a good CAFE bike? (appologies to the purists!)

Offline TBS

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 06:58:26 PM »
You can make a flat tracker out of it, but I would have gone for a late 79 to 82 model 750 if I were to do something radical. Check Google with Triumph Trackmaster and get some ideas.
Regarding price why is it in bits? By the way the main spine of the frame is oil bearing.
Hugh
www.thebikeshed.net

d-bug

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 09:25:17 PM »
The bike belongs to my cousin.  He bought it from his brother-in-law to help "in a pinch".  He wanted to only pay $900 for it but was presured by his wife to pay more.  The price had more to do with the situation than the bike, if you know what I mean.  Now he's trying to unload it.  The reason it's in bits?  It's a project that keeps getting passed around.  No one's acually doing any work on it.
  Screwy, ain't it.
Basically, he wants too much for it.  If somebody was interested in a restoration, it might be worth while.

akang

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 01:44:57 PM »
hello..your motorcycle is not triumph bonenvile ok...
i tell you something, i was looking your picture that your motorcylcle is triumph NH with 350cc...hopely i'm wright

ps:
send me back your letter to me..ok
it's nice to know you...thank you