Author Topic: c1929 Excelsior Villiers racer  (Read 17999 times)

Offline 33d6

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: c1929 Excelsior Villiers racer
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 12:59:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure he is riding a French Monet Goyon. Somewhere I have an envelope of poor quality photocopies giving the Monet Goyon history.They were a major Villiers user in vintage times and very active in the French small capacity racing scene. I believe they held World Records in the 175cc class at one stage. Unfortunately I can't read French very well and the photocopies are not good so I can't be that specific.
Cheers,

Offline mick66

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: c1929 Excelsior Villiers racer
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
I think the best person to talk to is a very nice guy called Olivier, he races bikes in France and is after an engine and some replica exhaust the same as in the photo. You can visit http://www.petochon.fr/menu.php and speak to him there, he is very enthusiastic about racing one of these, and probably has some knowledge to. I have tried for a year to get him a motor but to no avail, could have got him a TT super sports but he wants a Brooklands. I think the chassis is a 350cc Monet Goyon. I don't think is,t M Barthe, that's me getting it wrong in translation I think he says it,s MG Albert Sourdot.
Please contact him as he is a really nice helpful guy.
All the best
Mick