Author Topic: A cautionary tale VOC debacle!  (Read 23545 times)

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: A cautionary tale VOC debacle!
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »
I wouldn't pay too much heed Bomber. On another forum he used to claim he lived on a patch of land and trapped rabbits to eat. I'm guessing it's probably just a lonely soul in a little council flat somewhere...

wetdog

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
welcome back its Bumbers boyfreind Rex , sorry not me my council flats quite large and im happy by nature (some might say simple) hows that GCSE sociology going ?, see your working on the class system now and moved on from norms and mores  :'(as it happens i do like rabbit (my age again) but i think you might find what your using them for my carry a prison sentance
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:37:46 PM by wetdog »

johnnyboy-wonder57

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »
Guys,
C'mon everyone lighten up!

JBW

johnnyboy-wonder57

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »
Look you two,  Rex & Wetdog, behave, this isn't funny, kiss & make up, not everything everyone writes is straight down the line, some of it "is tongue in cheek", no pun intended, Bomber's a good bloke & a mate of mine & has done some good motorcycle restoration jobs, good enough to get into the press, if you carry this on, no one will take either of you seriously & I still think you have positive things to contribute, so stop being silly & personal & discuss bikes & motorcycle issues!

Seriously pissed off....
JBW

wetdog

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »
OK ......but no tongues and only if he has a shave
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:04:18 AM by wetdog »

Offline rosko

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »
On another forum he used to claim he lived on a patch of land and trapped rabbits to eat.

Do tell more please, we have a pikey on site? :o

(why is it anything to do with Vincents generally turns into a slagging match?)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:46:02 AM by rosko »

wetdog

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 10:47:21 PM »
Rex is the expert on "Pikies and travellers" aswell as small rodent genital over coats , but Rex if you ever meat a traveller on your travels do not call them "Pikies"  its not nice and they will tell you so im sure .

Offline runesika

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »
This post has lost it's way and need closing down , this is a forum for British Bikes .

wetdog

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 09:00:01 AM »
i think your right , but its been a good laugh  ;D

Offline montoya66

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 05:11:53 PM »
There is a saying here, "When the Big Money moves in the nice people move out".. and that applies to all situations not just motorcycles.

As for Vincents, as a veteran of the BSAOC of Southern California back in the days when the late great and dearly departed Barry M L Smith ran the show, a few Vincent guys rode with us on our club outings, and IMHO all of the Vincent snobs were highly suspect at best and outright tossers at worst.  In fact, I still recall a particularly good "tosser" joke from one of the Vincent miscreants and will gladly recite it when plied with enough inebriant in company.  After all, who could be proud and willing to pay a lifetime's fortune to own a marque designed by a guy who knew nothing at all about motorcycles...?? except perhaps for a wealthy and sometimes dishonest oligarch enriched by ill-gotten gains of course. :)  As for Farrow or whatever his name is who could take anyone seriously who wears a d*ckhead hat emblazoned by a commie red star while smoking a cigar and holding a tin of vaseline in hand while allowing his picture to be taken? 

On the subject of Rex's taxes, most taxes here in yankland go to the evil empire's War Machine which I have gone to great personal lengths and sacrifice to DE-fund, and there is only one way to do that at a personal level.
:)

wetdog

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
am i right in saying you dont pay death duty in the states (as new zeland) ? over here when you pass on they give your next of kin a tax bill ? sounds mad but true

Offline montoya66

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 04:25:50 AM »
Essentially the "death tax" was repealed in the us - that is, unless the deceased's estate is worth more than $5 mil USD.  So the Lumley fortune would not qualify in the former US.  But I thought the idea here was that a number of Vincents and rare bikes were "stolen" from the deceased?  That seems like a more interesting topic than taxes....?  unless someone engineered this to avoid the death tax!  Sorry being a dumb yank I don't quite get it.  I read about the top people like BMS being fired and not being able to report out on their findings, but I was looking for more of a "whodunnit" substance. After all, it is a cracking story.  Now for a stolen Vincent to turn up in someone's possession after the fact and the local constabulary just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it? wow ..that does strike one as being a little strange.  ::)     

wetdog

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
the police are not interested as there was no theft , the man was in care and not dead , they where removed to avoid paying death duty which over here is assed and when you hit @£370,000 you start to pay , this is far to low as property and machines have shot up in value , a lot of people have had to sell family homes / items in order to pay , your $2million band sounds a lot fairer to me . Bomber and rex disagree and want to pay and insist avoiding this is a dissgrace and the mentallity of "pikies and travellers " ? I have arranged to avoid this tax and would urge others to do so as you are just funding the fat cats

Offline montoya66

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 03:59:38 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. The Evil Empire rules and queenie is the wealthiest *** on the globe that's true .... and I'd bet taxes have something to do with it... so what's wrong with us rabbit eaters then?  Not a Vincent to be seen among us tinkers.  Trying to stay on topic here.  Anyone got a spare HRD or two to give away before getting the chop?  :-*

wetdog

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »
so on the bikes alone without any other items eg property , savings ,etc , his next would be looking at a tax bill for dieing of @ £260,000 who thinks this is right or fair ?